anyone knows the neck chains with calming ball for baby works real

Belgian girl
Save money on maternity clothes wit...
Save money on maternity clothes with this hairband trick | Green Baby Deals

with a little ball instead of like other necklaces containing a heart or whatever what. The ball makes kind of soundwaves through the stomach if I´m not mistaken. It´s against stress for the baby.

So am I to understand it is a necklace you wear while pregnant that makes a sound that is supposed to soothe the baby?

I never heard of anything like this until I googled it. I looked up "pregnancy necklace" and found this: link removed

Is that what you mean? -A "baby chime"?

Although the concept itself is nice, and I'm sure it can't hurt, I doubt that something like that actually makes a difference at all for the baby.

Usually the most calming sounds for a baby during a pregnancy are the mother's voice and heartbeat, which are natural and don't have to be purchased. They also like their father's voices (athough hearder to hear) and music- but they hear mom's voice and heartbeat the easiest.

Like the others, I'm curious if you are asking about this for yourself...

They're Mexican Bola pendants and they make a soft chime sound. I was given one during my pregnancy as they seem to be a popular maternity gift these days, and I wore it sometimes. The chime was more pleasant sounding for me though, I don't think it did much for my bub. You can't get much calmer than floating around in a sac of warm water now, can you? lol.

As BellaDonna said, nice gift but it's totally unnecessary.

Whenever I hear of something like this I am reminded that for centuries when this did not exist fetuses did just fine - even great - with mom's heartbeat and voice. I know my son did! I also agree that classical music doesn't hurt (although we didn't really do that). When I was pregnant I preferred to feel my son moving/kicking so that I knew all was ok - I didn't think fetuses needed to be "soothed" just that significant and unnecessary stress should be avoided.

• 5 months later...
What do you mean with classical music ? Is it healthy ?

Some pregnant women play classical music so that the fetus/baby can hear it - it is supposed to be soothing and perhaps expose the baby to music. Now that we have our son we sing a lot to him and play music - some classical, some folk - sometimes as part of play, sometimes to soothe. I don't believe in putting anything around his neck because of the risk of suffocation if he's left alone with it. No point in taking that risk.

Some pregnant women play classical music so that the fetus/baby can hear it - it is supposed to be soothing and perhaps expose the baby to music. Now that we have our son we sing a lot to him and play music - some classical, some folk - sometimes as part of play, sometimes to soothe. I don't believe in putting anything around his neck because of the risk of suffocation if he's left alone with it. No point in taking that risk.

does she mean that SHE wears it while she is pregnant or the baby before birth? i'm still confused about this thing.

What is the effect of industrial metal and metalcore on a baby?

i would guess its not as soothing but if i were to get pregnant and listen to Deathklock alot..... ?

I had to respond to this EQD. My partner is in a hard rock band and all through my pregnancy I went to gigs and practices. My son LOVES hard rock and even in the womb he LOVED it!! Even now, bands like Shinedown relax him. When he was inutero the heavy bass and vibrations would put him right to sleep. It was funny that at one of the last gigs before I had him, they were playing and the bass players gf looked over and saw Landon's little foot poking out of my belly and moving back and forth, grooving to the beat. It was so cute!!

I had to respond to this EQD. My partner is in a hard rock band and all through my pregnancy I went to gigs and practices. My son LOVES hard rock and even in the womb he LOVED it!! Even now, bands like Shinedown relax him. When he was inutero the heavy bass and vibrations would put him right to sleep. It was funny that at one of the last gigs before I had him, they were playing and the bass players gf looked over and saw Landon's little foot poking out of my belly and moving back and forth, grooving to the beat. It was so cute!!

You mean you can see their feet sticking around your belly in later terms?

thats kind of creepy.

You mean you can see their feet sticking around your belly in later terms?

thats kind of creepy.

lol..of my whole post that is what you're stuck on?? Haha! You so funny.

Yes you can see their hands, feet and head at times. They do move around in there, you know??

When they roll or flip upside down and they are 6 or 7 (or 9 pounds like my son) you can see their little hands and feet at times. It's so cute!!

I might find it cute when the day comes for me to be a mommy.. but as of right now its a little nightmare on elmstreet-ish. thats because i've never had offspring though.

anyway, awesome!... my baby is going to get my entire music collection.

my cat likes Primitive Radio gods... the phonebooth song. thats the closest thing i have to a baby. lol

I didn't really see the hands/feet but I could feel when it was a hand or a foot and after he was born I realized that I had felt hs hiccups in utero which was kind of cool. I kept him away from loud sounds/music based on what I read in the pregnancy books.

Archived