Who here has had a brain tumour?

Hi, my friend had a brain tumour, she had it removed and is doing really well. She did loose some feeling down 1 side of her face and when she is tired her balance would not be particulary good. It is not all doom and gloom. If they operate on time it is usually a good outcome.

As hermudders said i hope its not you are anyone you know who has the brain tumour.

I've never had one, but I know two people who have and have had them successfully removed with no re-occurrence. Both were permanently affected, mostly in terms of things like lapses in memory at times, some issues with concentration, etc., but for the most part, both recovered quite well and lead almost 100% normal lives. Both womens' tumors were HUGE, by the way. I was stunned when I found out how big they were. One was almost the size of a grapefruit. To think that she had that removed and is doing very well is awesome.

If so, how are you after you had it taken out? Any long-term lasting effects?

You'd need to give more details of the type and location of the tumour to get any responses that you can use, to be honest. There are enormous differences in operability, outlook, lasting effects etc. between different tumours.

Archived