Spark is dying out. How do we get it back?

Demonblade
How To Reignite Lost Feelings In A ...
How To Reignite Lost Feelings In A Relationship

My girlfriend and I have been together for five months and things seem to be dying out now. She and I talked last night and she told me that she feels the spark between us dying out. Neither of us know how to get it back, but both of us want to rekindle things. Any tips? (btw neither of us have had sex in our relationship or anything).

new things. things that aren't routine.

if you rent movies- don't go to a drive in

if you play video games- don't go out bowling

if you always eat out- don't go buy groceries and get creative

if you always go to the park- don't go see a play

if you always stay home- don't go to a comedy club

get the idea?

Personally, if the spark dies that early, I think its a good sign that you bore each other and I'd bail and just be friends and find someone you can actually be passionate about. I don't think sex is a remedy...sex is an expression for something already there...sex is a bad idea if you are having trouble and didn't have it before all this...its a temporary fix and will make the real issue/problem bigger. my two cents

Thing is, neither of us have much money. We live together, most of our money goes to bills and the rest usually goes to gas and food. I've never really done anything romantic in our relationship (which I should start doing anyway, this is the first time I've been in a relationship without being all romantic).

I've never really done anything romantic in our relationship (which I should start doing anyway, this is the first time I've been in a relationship without being all romantic).

What's stopping you from being romantic? Why have you omitted that in your current relationship?

I don't think its healthy to live with a guy you're romantically interested in unless you're married. Especially if you can't even sleep together, because sex is teh way that I think married couples ease living with each other sometimes.

When it comes to romance, I am the type that HAS to spend money lol. I really have a hard time coming up with anything romantic that doesn't cost money. And we're very tight on money.

Anyway, this is the weird thing though. I know I don't bore her and she doesn't really bore me. I'm always doing something to make her laugh and we have a lot of fun around each other. Its just the whole "new relationship" feeling is beginning to wane and we both feel it. It may be due to a lot of stress and lack of romance. Because She can't find a job, lives off unemployment. I work in retail as an assistant manager of the store I work at. We haven't really moved in together. We usually spend almost every day hanging out at her apartment or at the movie theatre. I spend the night a lot, at least half a week usually. I help her with her bills and stuff and I know she is looking for a job because she has gotten a few job interviews this coming week.

When it comes to romance, I am the type that HAS to spend money lol. I really have a hard time coming up with anything romantic that doesn't cost money. And we're very tight on money.

You better start getting creative- fast.

I just remembered I put in almost double the amount of hours at my store this week, so this coming paycheck should be doubled (even more so due to overtime pay). I'm probably going to go over to her apartment after dusk and sneak a couple dozen roses into her car (her car is pitch black inside at night, you have to turn on the lights in it to see). I'll tell her I left something in her car the last time I was over and ask her to get it for me. I remember she told me that she has NEVER had a guy to anything romantic for her, and she has especially never gotten flowers from a guy.

Btw, anyone mind giving me a few ideas I can work with for the future so I'm not always doing roses and other flowers? Getting flowers all the time can eventually get dull after a while, I'm sure.

How about when you're broke write a post it and leave it in her car?

Send a text... in the middle of the day something short, simple, sweet,

Frame a picture

Light a candle, eat dinner by it

Pick her 1 flower and make a homemade card

Buy her, her favorite chocolate bar and say happy i love you day.

the ideas are endless and cheap or nearly free... get creative.... theres almost nothing more UNattractive than a guy who doesn't know how to make something special by not spending much money at all.

Wow, 19. 5 months together and already seeing each other all the time.

Seems like a bit of a recipe for disaster.

Why do you not do romantic things in THIS relationship? If it's the money it's understandable, but there are loads of romantic things you could do for very little money.

-DVD nights, and cook her dinner.

-buy a cheap bottle of wine and go sit under the stars. just talk, etc.

-go out for ice cream and a stroll. walk thru the malls and look around.

be spontaneous before it's too late. do stuff which attracted u to each other in the first place.

Btw, anyone mind giving me a few ideas I can work with for the future so I'm not always doing roses and other flowers? Getting flowers all the time can eventually get dull after a while, I'm sure.

Actually, as long as you don't do it routinely (and more when she doesn't suspect a thing) it doesn't get old to a girl- usually.

P.s. one of the best things about doing romantic things is planning them on your own.. Just imaging the look on your SO's face. We can think up ideas but you know her better then us, and you know what'll make her heart melt.

Archived