If a guy show interest on you too quickly that is a red flag?

Anusha

Like if after the third day chatting he says he is falling in love for you and goes talking about meeting.I read in another thread that if the guy says I love you too fast that is a red flag,I wanted to know why.

Some guys will just tell you what they think you want to hear...... i think the term "i love you" gets thrown around so loosely. i dont know that i could truly love someone in that short amount of time.... i would think you would have to completely know a person and all their habits and personality traits... otherwise i would think its infatuation. But thats just me. I guess everyone is different.

Showing interest is never a bad thing. Saying I love you too fast can be a bad sign. It could mean that he is telling you what he thinks you want to hear in an attempt to get in your bed. I may also mean that he becomes attached too quickly and will turn into a psycho stalker if it doesn't work out between you.

It's not always bad, though. Maybe he knows what he wants and it's you!

Well in my case it didnt work very well,my ex did that and after 2 or 3 years of relationship he seemed to had lost the interest.He was the one who seemed so interested on it on the beginning(it was him who said I love you first and started talking about meeting when that not even come to my mind) and after a while would act like he didnt care.Like I read somewhere,who falls in love too quick falls out of love too quick too.It seems that is true.

It is only a red flag if he lacks outside interests of any kind aside from you. In other words if he has no life then be cautious. Otherwise if he has an agenda of outside interests and still shows much interest towards you then it just means he really likes you and wants to incorporate you in his life, its a positive thing.

In my past 2 cases, they showed strong interests very early on. Things didnt work out mainly due to the distance or other problems. Strangely so far I hadnt experienced any romantic feelings for guys who started out with me as a casual friend.

Online like the third day you two just been just chatting he says he loves you

^ To me, my first reaction is "that's freaking weird..." I guess in a sense that's a red flag... but I wouldn't even bother waving it, I'd just drop the flag altogether.

Online like the third day you two just been just chatting he says he loves you

Ok, huge red flag.

like, omg, I'm totally in love with Luke Skywalker, Ghost and Diabolik... We like totally know each other so well. mushy mushy.

wth?? They aren't real. They live in the computer, didn't you know?

• 4 weeks later...
The guy that just dumped me said it (I love you) very fast. My ex before him said it very fast. They are both gone now. So yeah, red flag.

Same, same...my last two boyfriends said it very quickly - the first one within the first couple of weeks, and the last one in the first week...he was also talking about moving in together, moving to Ireland, doing this and that - quite romantic, but so not real...neither relationship lasted long.

My current bf is nearly the opposite - his actions makes it clear how he feels about me, and he has told me that he loves spending time with me, and happy we are together etc but he seems a lot more grounded and i respect that he's not just telling me what he thinks i may want to hear...

are you still trying to figure out why things didn't work out with your ex, or are you talking about dating someone new?

and yes, if I guy that I have only been in contact with 3 times over the internet tells me 'i love you' - that would be a huge red flag

Archived