chemistry

nimisaj

ok - this is a tough one:

there is this guy i like, he's my age and we went to school together (awww!!!) and i usually don't enjoy dating guys my age... but... there's chemistry and it's awkward to talk to him... why is that? too much chemistry? is that bad? this must sound dumb to anyone reading...

It's probably nothing more than the initial awkwardness that comes with any new relationship, be it friendship or otherwise. Give it a while, and if there's still awkwardness, it's probably not right.

By the way, yes there can be too much chemistry, believe me if you both like exactly the same things you run out of stuff to talk about really quickly, and sometimes if you're absolutely perfect for each other one of you can be weirded out by that - the "it's too good to be true" syndrome.

Anyway, my advice would be to go for it, usually that awkwardness will disappear in fairly short order.

I believe that true love and friendship can come in a variety of ways. I also think that in the beginning of valuable relationships it is normal to exist some feelings of awkwardness: we're anxious to cause the best impression we can.

But like ~Reborn~ said, if this "awkwardness" doesn't go away, and gets replaced by a great feeling of companionship, then you're probably not working together in the same direction.

Don't expect too much from the relationships that you don't have yet - and you'll feel much more relaxed and comfortable to talk to him.

Archived