effects of accidental vs. suicide

murman2
Quotes For Life Death % Loss Vol. IV
Quotes For Life Death % Loss Vol. IV

I don't think you can compare.

Either one is such a profound loss. I have not lost anyone to suicide, so have no experience with that.

But I do have experience with "accidental" and sudden death, and it was the most difficult and painful experience of my life thus far.

Are you considering hurting yourself?

Neither one is easy and they both hurt in different ways but I can see suicide being a bit more painful because the family has alot more questions and never really gets closure. Where as if you lose a family member to an accident or natural causes eventually you will be able to find closure with their death. If a person kills themselves the family will always be left with the "why" or "what could I have done to prevent this".

I don't think you can compare.

Either one is such a profound loss. I have not lost anyone to suicide, so have no experience with that.

But I do have experience with "accidental" and sudden death, and it was the most difficult and painful experience of my life thus far.

Are you considering hurting yourself?

not anytime soon.. I have a plan to try and get better, but I dont know whats going to happen if I completely run out of options. I think I have borderline personality disorder or bipolar and a severe anger/anxiety/short temper problem. If it gets to the point where I am homeless, I dont think i could handle that emotionally. I dont think that would happen at least for another 6 months.

not anytime soon.. I have a plan to try and get better, but I dont know whats going to happen if I completely run out of options. I think I have borderline personality disorder or bipolar and a severe anger/anxiety/short temper problem. If it gets to the point where I am homeless, I dont think i could handle that emotionally. I dont think that would happen at least for another 6 months.

Hopefully it wont come to that though

What's your plan?

Have you gone and gotten a thorough diagnosis yet?

I feel I can understand the frame of mind you are coming from. There was a time where the options seemed to be running out for me too.

Finding a really good psychiatrist literally saved my life, it really did.

Anyways, here to listen whenever you want. How are you doing today?

What's your plan?

Have you gone and gotten a thorough diagnosis yet?

I feel I can understand the frame of mind you are coming from. There was a time where the options seemed to be running out for me too.

Finding a really good psychiatrist literally saved my life, it really did.

Anyways, here to listen whenever you want. How are you doing today?

Not yet, my health insurance is going through soon so i havent gotten diagnosed yet. I'm not sure if this will even be accurate because i have a drug problem as well so it will be harder for the doctors to determine exactly whats wrong with me.. A psychiatrist tried to tell me that there was nothing wrong with me one time, I KNOW he was wrong. Today I'm not doing very well, there is a lot of stuff going on in my life like my living situation and work situation, financial situation.. I supposidly dinged a refrigerator with an edger sander and my boss handed me the bill, he doesnt pay me enough anyways and I dont even think i was the one who did it. I'm scared of going to jail for a long time for stuff my roomates are doing that im not even involved in. My parents are rich but refuse to help me in any way and ive begged them to send me to a good rehab. they are also withholding inheritance money from me and I just recently filed federal bankrupcy. I have a place to live for the summer and am relocating at the end of the month, but after that I have no money for a security deposit for a roomate situation so I think I might have to live in a hostel or something like that.

That's a whole lot of stress on your plate all at once. I'm sorry to hear your day is going so poorly.

The number one thing is you need your health and stability of mind: the rest all follows from that.

So your plan then is to work this and beat this, are you ready and at that point to do that? Are you waiting for your insurance to kick in?

Yeah, you know yourself better than anyone and know when something isn't right. Not all doctors are the same; some plain old aren't helpful. But there are good ones out, someone who would be a good match for you. (don't worry, psych can work with you with the drug complications and help you still, but you have to be real honest with them about that).

Even though things may seem black right now, all you have described is treatable and workable - - you just need the right team of doctors and the commitment to go through it.

Please don't give up.

Ya im pretty much just waiting for my insurance to go through. I'm worried that i'm going to be sent on a wild goose chase with counselors and doctors though because thats happened to me in the past before.. I'm scared talking about it is not going to help me ... its also really hard for me to be consistent and follow through with things.. One of my weakest points is describing things accurately, and i have a severe short term memory problem.. both of those flaws effect how a counselor or psychiatrist might be able to help me. thanks for talking to me about it, no one else really knows what to say or really cares for that matter. I appreciate it.

I have personally been effected by this situation myself. 6 months ago the man i was dating died unexpectedly from a drug overdose. It was sudden and it was tragic. He was having so many personal problems that i wanted to "save" him from (silly i know, just my personality) and the day he died he told me that he felt his life was cursed. He was a coworker of mine as well so alot of our peers didnt know if he had OD'd on purpose or accident because of his downward spiralling. At this point in time, we still have no closure. His family hasnt contacted us to let us know, and im not surprised because who wants to disclose that their family member was an addict. Being as close to him as i was i know that he didnt commit suicide. He had an 11 yo son that he loved more than life. He wouldnt have left him here to struggle and cope with life without him.... Either way, his death is permanent and painful. I know his family knows the truth. I know the truth. But the pain is the same. He is gone and a boy is without his father.

Archived