Playing Games

d24

Playing the game... Should we?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Playing the game... Should we?

• Yes, it heigthens the chase and shows how much they're interested
    • Maybe, it depends how much I like them and if I'm willing to risk it back-firing
    • No, it's just another barrier which wastes time and creates drama/confusion for both

Out of interest, how many of you think that playing games (or playing the game) whilst flirting is worthwhile? Stringing them along, acting coy, doing things for the sake of confusion, cold shoulder, 'ball is in their court' syndrome, sending mixed signals, not replying till they do, limiting yourself or your actions to feign disinterest, etc.... anything that the game of flirting could entail

Light-hearted flirting can be fun, and can make people more attractive definitely. But nearly all of the things in your list could be potentially hurtful. I'd avoid all of them except "not replying until they do" which is normally a good idea lol...

And I'm not saying you want to be a sure thing either. But I've never had much time for anyone who "strung me along" as you put it. That's toying with my feelings, and I don't appreciate it. So definitely not "worthwhile"...

i agree - and I voted for 'No', but i'm not saying that the list above is either comprehensive, or that someone playing games would adhere to all (or any) of them.

I think the results are interesting compared to reality

I don't think you are going to get an accurate result here. No one likes to admit that they are "playing games," especially when it is worded that way. I think if you had used the euphemism "playing hard to get" you would have gotten some very different responses. You and I both know they are the same thing, but most people won't see it that way.

But some people do things that are considered games, but they don't consider them games, so they say they don't play games. Or the other person will do something that they consider a game and they end up playing the game anyway. So everyone gets sucked into playing some games. Some people send mixed signals without realizing it.

If a woman won't ask a guy that she likes out, is that considered a game?

Sometimes games are played unintentionally. Such as the playing coy, feigning disinterest and mixed signals bits, and sometimes it is situational.

Primarily I think this happens in group settings (such as the workplace for an example, where maybe two people don't want their flirting to be too out in the open... or even worse - turned down) and not one on one though, or when shyness is involved and someone isn't ready to open up and let their guard down.

But overall, direct and honest is nice when it is possible.

Archived