Saw Ex..now what?

Seattle02

I dated my ex for about 5 months and in that time we broke up a couple of times mainly because of her. I haven't seen her for a couple of months until she made contact with me and wanted to see me.

A couple of nights ago we met at a bar. We had a good conversation about what we've been doing since we saw each other last and then I finally asked what happened to her. In so many words she said she has low self esteem and she worries about people breaking up with her so that's why she's so hot and cold all of the time. She was married at one time and her husband cheated on her not long after they were married so now she just doesn't want to get hurt again.

Most of my friends say to stay away from her because she has issues but I still really care for her. The night at the bar she told me she has gone on a few 1st dates but is not dating anyone. I've been dating someone for about 3 weeks and I told her that but also said I plan on ending things with her tomorrow night. The new girl even said before things weren't really working out so I'm glad she wasn't going to get hurt from this. I sent my ex a text the next day and said it was great to see her and she replied back saying the same. She also said I hope the new girl is ok after I break up with her. I didn't send a text back to her.

I know my ex has issues but like I mentioned before I still really care for her. It's a day after the last text I got from her. Do I start to pursue her again or just take things slow?

I'm in the same situation except my ex has not had contact.

If you were on and off during the 5 months together, then it will likely be the same. I agree with your friends (and mine) that it's best not to go there again.

I would suggest that you take things slow first. You need to get to know her a little better before deciding to pursue her once more. Wait till she tries to contact you once more and see where it goes from there.

No real advice from me but I can share my recent experience.

Ex showed up at my regular hang out. It was obvious she sought me out. We talked briefly and then she left. Later that night I TXT saying "nice to see you". She replies with the same.

I left it at that as I felt she needs to show me more if she wanted something.

This was 2 months ago and I havent heard from her since.

We lived together for around 2 years.

No real advice from me but I can share my recent experience.

Ex showed up at my regular hang out. It was obvious she sought me out. We talked briefly and then she left. Later that night I TXT saying "nice to see you". She replies with the same.

I left it at that as I felt she needs to show me more if she wanted something.

This was 2 months ago and I havent heard from her since.

We lived together for around 2 years.

i would have to agree with this advice, tough but true

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation, where I dated a man for four months. I am currently trying to let the dust settle from the break (4 weeks ago) and deal with myself emotionally. I have already began to think of how I will handle seeing him again, or if he wants to. I know one thing, there are so many things I wish I could do over. One thing would be to keep my composure and control and take it slow. You must decide if you are willing to take another heartbreak and if you have another chance, do it right this time. Set the pace and I would say don't be too eager until you are certain she is sincere. I am a hopeless romantic and while I may not always do the most mentally healthy things, I believe we live once and not knowing is worse than knowing IMHO. Just be prepared for either outcome. Congrats, man. I hope I can say the same soon.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived