Had a second "date"...more of a hang out, I'd say.

Aeryn

So y'all may remember I posted a thread a couple of days ago, asking if a certain guy may only be pursuing me for sex or something. I still don't know, but I guess I'll eventually find out...

Anyways, we had our first "Date" on Monday. It was pretty short, but nice. Since Monday, we've just been texting back and forth.

Today, he sent me a text asking what I was doing, and I told him I was going shopping. He asked, "Want me to go shopping with you?" And I just told him whatever, it didn't matter to me. So...we went shopping together for two hours. I wouldn't exactly call this a date or anything, because nothing was planned. It was a spur of the moment thing.

Either way, we had a good time. Did some shopping, goofed around a bit, and towards the middle of the "date" he began walking with his arm around my back...no kiss (or attempted kiss) though.

He offered to take me to Six Flags next weekend. I'm looking forward to it, but...

I think I'm falling a bit too hard, too fast, for this guy...and I don't even know whether or not he's interested in the possibility of anything more than a casual friendship or whatever??

Another thing...my family doesn't know I'm dating the guy yet. I don't want them to know until I see where things are going, personally. And I know if I told them right now, they'd constantly be nagging me since he's 25.

What are you worried about?

He has been texting you, he invited himself to go shopping with you…And he put his arm around your back… Yes he is interested in you! Does he have to be trying to get his hand down your pants before you figure he is??? It seems that you are more caught up with how a guy tells you that he is interested – the process – than actually enjoying what’s happening.

Also, when he asked if he could come, and you said…whatever? It doesn’t matter to you? I’m surprised he isn’t wondering if you are interested.

Just stop thinking too deeply about it and go with it. Enjoy it and have fun, else you are going to end up thinking yourself out of it.

I would not worry about why he is pursuing you because you have control over that. Just see how it goes. Also 25 and 20 is not anything crazy. More women than not in their 20's date men about 3-5 years older.

Try explaining this one to my family. Being the only girl is bad at times...

What are you worried about?

He has been texting you, he invited himself to go shopping with you…And he put his arm around your back… Yes he is interested in you! Does he have to be trying to get his hand down your pants before you figure he is??? It seems that you are more caught up with how a guy tells you that he is interested – the process – than actually enjoying what’s happening.

Also, when he asked if he could come, and you said…whatever? It doesn’t matter to you? I’m surprised he isn’t wondering if you are interested.

Just stop thinking too deeply about it and go with it. Enjoy it and have fun, else you are going to end up thinking yourself out of it.

Yes...that's exactly what has to happen.

No! I just feel that I am sort of getting mixed signals. But maybe not?

Archived