is it o.k. to email him everyday if he emails me everyday

Emily100
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting

I met a guy online that I really like and he seems to really like me. He has been emailing me everyday for a number of weeks. I have replied each day. Should I skip a day and not be so available or is that playing games? Will he tire of hearing from me every day? I haven't tired hearing from him. I know guys like the chase. What can I do so he still feels the chase? I haven't expressed any feelings to him.

It's not like he's calling you constantly. An e-mail a day is romantic, not at all pushy, and a great way to get to know someone WITHOUT seeming over eager. If you like him, keep it up, and when you are more comfortable, take it to the next level (like chatting on an instant messenger, or even on the phone.)

I don't see anything wrong with sending him emails everyday, most people hate games. The only thing I would warn you about is not getting to involved in an email relationship. You should meet as soon as possible in person, I cannot stress enough how different chemistry online is compared to chemistry in real life.

If you have already been replying every day and you suddenly stop, he's going to think something is up. Either you're not interested or you've found someone else.

If I were you, I'd try to meet him soon. I've heard that guys lose interest pretty quickly playing constant email tag. I think "playing chase" by email is a bit weird. You haven't even met him in person yet.

I think if he emails you every day you are okay emailing him a reply. Assuming you are on your email daily. Don't go out of your way to do it. Just don't constantly bombard him with emails unless you got an okay from him, or they are replies to him.

if he stops emailing for a few days, after a few i would send him one sort of asking why.

i know this isn't all in the early stages of dating. But me and my bf (met online) instant messaged daily when we started liking each other. We were both on the computer at the same time. if it wasn't messenger, it was an email or 2 or more replying to each other daily.

now that we have been together for a year, he is military and currently deployed. I email him at least once day. he emails me as often as the military allows him. Its what is keeping our relationship together while he is away.

You've emailed every day for a number of weeks? And it hasn't gone anywhere from there? I know some guys like the chase. But some guys are just dorks. If I were you, I'd rattle his cage. Why don't you just ask him if he wants to IM or, brace yourself, talk on the phone.

Some guys need a flag waved in front of their face to make a move...Sheesh!

Don't reply to his emails straight away, maybe in one of them say how you are going to be busy tomorrow with stuff and might not be able to email him that day, that way he knows you might not reply and you do have a life outside the internet haha!

Who knows, you might even get a few emails off him telling you how much he missed your email that day?

I met a guy online that I really like and he seems to really like me. He has been emailing me everyday for a number of weeks. I have replied each day. Should I skip a day and not be so available or is that playing games? Will he tire of hearing from me every day? I haven't tired hearing from him. I know guys like the chase. What can I do so he still feels the chase? I haven't expressed any feelings to him.

I have a real no-games policy when it comes to dating. My now-boyfriend I didn't meet on a dating site but I met him online. He was online almost every day after work and so was I after uni because I am always online when I'm at home. Therefore we spoke pretty much every day, and he says he ended up feeling closer to me as he got to know me and was definitely the one taking things foreward. I guess the fact that other than regular contact I don't give away how I feel very easily as a defense habit I picked up after being bullied at school (with anyone, not just in dating) it means I'm kind of a challenge still. I just don't like deliberate games, I think people should be mroe honest with eachother (to a point, don't get scary )

Not to throw you off here but I once tried that. I took an extra day to reply and his response was much more meaningful if you know what I mean. Sometimes guys just need that feeling that they can lose you...to better word it, I mean let them know you are not a guarantee..that's all.

But hey, in the beginning stages where the relationship didnt even begin yet, I'd say don't play the game. If you haven't met yet then nothing started yet. Playing games might kill it.

We have talked on the phone and have set up a time to talk again. We haven't met yet because we are 300 miles apart. Meeting will be a part of our conversation.

i read your other thread. maybe this is why he decided to nix the courtship? maybe he figured that the distance couldn't work and he met someone closer to him?

Not to throw you off here but I once tried that. I took an extra day to reply and his response was much more meaningful if you know what I mean. Sometimes guys just need that feeling that they can lose you...to better word it, I mean let them know you are not a guarantee..that's all.

But hey, in the beginning stages where the relationship didnt even begin yet, I'd say don't play the game. If you haven't met yet then nothing started yet. Playing games might kill it.

Well it varies from person to person. Talking daily made me and my boyfriend grow incredibley close and made us realise just how amazing it was that we could spend so much time talking and never tire of it.

Archived