Sending a thank you letter

Hey everyone,

I just had my first interview today since being out of college, and I really think it went very well. The hiring mangager told me he would call me either tomorrow or Friday and that he would like me to come back again next week to discuss salary, etc.

My question is, should I be sending out a thank you letter now? Or should I be sending one out after the 2nd interview (assuming he does call..)

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

I just had my first interview today since being out of college, and I really think it went very well. The hiring mangager told me he would call me either tomorrow or Friday and that he would like me to come back again next week to discuss salary, etc.

My question is, should I be sending out a thank you letter now? Or should I be sending one out after the 2nd interview (assuming he does call..)

Thanks in advance!

I send out thank you letters after each interview, regardless of it being the first, second, etc. It never hurts to be polite. I once sent out a thank letter in the mail and got the job the next day, probably before the letter ever got there

I also always send out hard letters/cards as I find them more personal than an e-mail and it shows you took the time and energy to get to a mailbox instead of typing an 30 second e-mail. (You'll have the interviewer's card, so you'll have the mailing address).

I send out thank you letters after each interview, regardless of it being the first, second, etc. It never hurts to be polite. I once sent out a thank letter in the mail and got the job the next day, probably before the letter ever got there

I also always send out hard letters/cards as I find them more personal than an e-mail and it shows you took the time and energy to get to a mailbox instead of typing an 30 second e-mail. (You'll have the interviewer's card, so you'll have the mailing address).

So they were hand written?

I find that thank you letters MIGHT help under certain circumstances. If the hiring decision comes down to two equally qualified candidates, the offer may go to the person who took the time to write one. However, when employers are sure of who they want based on skills, experience and other factors, a thank you letter has little effect.

I've written thank you letters after each and every interview I've had. Still, I've been rejected by some of those employers.

Archived