Droppping Out

Mandoro
Quitting...
Quitting...

I am really considering it. I feel like I am burnout from school. I know there are way to have everything put on hold, but I dont have the grades for it. In fact after this semester my GPA will be below 2.0. Its hard to think that I wont be getting an education, but at the same time I dont think I am doing any here in school failing my classes. I dont know what to think. Anybody have anything?

Ive been in school 3 years in the same major (Computer Engineering). I think Im burnt out because I just dont study like I am supposed to be. Instead Im hanging around watching tv or surfing the web. I go to my math classes, but not my physics class.

It is definantely scary to think about then what, but all you can do is work. I would either find 2 part time jobs, or a full time job and just work my way up in the company or get experience and move somewhere else.

you have one more year to go.. I would really tough if it out in your situation.. the reality is that you will be leaving to enter the workforce with 0 education, and 0 solid work experience (i think)....

you'll be basically applying to places with a high school degree, at 20.... Even if you don't get good grades by the time you finish school, you'll atleast be walking out with a bachelors (I assume), which will help a lot!!! also consider the economy we are in right now, I'm not sure how hard your area of work has been hit, but many companies will not be hiring people without a solid education, or atleast a couple years of work experience....

Ive been in school 3 years in the same major (Computer Engineering). I think Im burnt out because I just dont study like I am supposed to be. Instead Im hanging around watching tv or surfing the web. I go to my math classes, but not my physics class.

It is definantely scary to think about then what, but all you can do is work. I would either find 2 part time jobs, or a full time job and just work my way up in the company or get experience and move somewhere else.

If you're 3 years in just finish it! You'll regret it if you don't. School can make you feel that way. Start with making yourself some goals for next year, like start with always going to your classes. That helped me - last year I would skip too much and it messed up my studying and GPA. This year I told myself I'm not allowed to skip class, and its been a lot better. Also, if you can get work done without the internet or your computer, do it. I get so much more done if I go to the library without my computer. Just do what it takes to get the degree, even if its with a low GPA.

Well I wish it were 1 year left, but because of how bad Ive done, its actually 2 years and I havent even gotten into the hard stuff. Just doing calculus, mechanics, and E&M. I was thinking about switching to Technology management, but Id have to kick ass next semester. Even though the coursework is completely different (Philosophies and whatnot as compared to math and physics) Im not sure I would do well.

The thing is, at my University there is a lower and upper level. You have to have a certain GPA to get into the upper level, that which I dont have or am anywhere close to. So I dont know

How does a University work when your GPA is below a 2.0? I am on probation this semester already. Are they going to kick me out of the University or just out of the College of Engineering? I am going to talk to an advisor tomorrow (hopefully her schedule allows it. She has open office hours)

Best way to stick to studying is by establishing a routine. I've developed a high level of dedication in sports/fitness that has carried over into other aspects of my life. I've realized that it's all the same. You have to grind it out and just keep your eyes focused on the road ahead....Where all the hard work will get you in the future. You just have to be strong. I know it's tough. I'm a Chemical Science major. It's freakin' summer and I'm volunteering at a hospital, running 50 miles/wk, and taking some classes: Prokaryotic Biology Lab, Analytical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry lab.

The majority of people in school can relate to your frustrations. You can't quit on yourself. Once you slack off and give up once, it's so much easier to repeat the process. I have a problem with going to class. Freshmen year, I used to always attend. I missed my first class Sophomore year and now I only go 60% of the time. The only good thing is I study my * * * * off all night for tests, and even if I'm in a class that's really difficult, I do my absolute best and know that I can at least get by with a C at the very least. I'm ashamed of my GPA and it's 3.25. I can't imagine how you can have below a 2.0 unless you just are not trying.

Maybe you fall into the category of people that claim college isn't for them. Getting a bachelor's degree nowadays isn't a huge deal. It's the standard. No one is forcing you to get your doctorate or anything. At least finish your 4 years.

Coming from an adult, switch your major and get the degree. You won't be happy without it. You could luck out like a few guys I know but most people struggle throughout life without a degree, even with it life can be tough. My advice: Pick something that will use the courses you've done already (I wasn't smart that way) and then you'll have less time in. Maybe computers aren't your thing, try engineering or something.

Archived