EX is absolute mess, She is begging for me back. HELP!!!

vv15629
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What...
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What To Do?

Ok so a little over a month ago i broke up w/ my ex bc i caught her talk to her ex boyfriend multiple time and not just "hey how are you' but things like i love you, i miss you, one time she even told him that she was single. and she talk to other guys just bc she likes the attention, she admitted that. i just grew so tired of it, it was so wrong and unfair. she says its all bc her first bf messed her head up so bad so now she craves attention from guys bc he never gave her any. But after a couple of time of pouring my heart out and tellin her how much that she hurt me by sayin those things to her ex bf, she continued to do it so i had to break it off.

when i first broke it off i knew that would be only way for her to realize things and that i hoped she would change and we could work it out. of course i was down and missed her like crazy. but after a little while i felt better and like i was ready to just move on. So about a week ago she started callin again alot saying how much see missed me and is sorry. so we started hangin out some again, she says she will change and that she knows she needs to fix things.

She has started seeing a pyschiatrist since she knows she has some issues and she "says" that one of the main things she talks about with them is how she likes attention and how she keeps talkin to her ex even though she has no true feelings for him. I dunno what to do, it seems like she really wants to fix things but who knows if she will and if so how long will i have to wait around for it.

She swears she realized things and will change. she is taking this break up, bad she is absolutly devestated.Her friends and family all see how hurt she is. everyday she says how sorry she is, and how her heart is crushed. she is now on depression meds. Even her friend talked to me bc she never seen her this hurt, and her friend says my ex knowns she made mistakes and is so love w/ me. The things is i think she is devestated and loves me, but still i dunno if i want to be back w/ her. I mean there was still other things in relationship i didnt really like. And i kinda started talking to another girl, nothing to to serious, i guess just filling my void for now.

Sometimes i wanna forgive my ex and be with her bc im afraid i may be pushing away something good, but then i know i still dont completely trust her and feel i should just move on. Am i still doing the right thing by sticking to this breakup.

That depends on if you really WANT to be broken up with her. Right now it sounds like you are so lost in your feelings that you can't figure it out on your own (duh, since your here). Maybe you should see if you can go together with her to some counseling sessions. It's a good sign that she recognizes her issues and is trying to deal with them, but you should be included if you two are ever to reconcile because she has broken your trust and counseling may be a start for her to regain that trust and for you to work through feelings of resentment.

hmm, look who just rang my phone...my ex, wonder what she wants?

Best of luck and love to you.

Its up to you - if you want the girl, if she's special and awesome and the only one in your eyes, then you go get her and give her the love and support she needs and be her rock man.

If you don't want to be with her, make it final. You need to make a decision and stick to it instead of talking to her friends and 'reconsidering'.

And tell her straight out either you're back together, OR tell her your seeing someone new.

I'd give her another chance - i mean she's doing the hardest possible thing, she's getting help and making changes. Just put cards on the table and say "ok i want you back but theres some other things that have gotta change" and tell her what you don't like! She's not a mind-reader!!

That depends on if you really WANT to be broken up with her. Right now it sounds like you are so lost in your feelings that you can't figure it out on your own (duh, since your here). Maybe you should see if you can go together with her to some counseling sessions. It's a good sign that she recognizes her issues and is trying to deal with them, but you should be included if you two are ever to reconcile because she has broken your trust and counseling may be a start for her to regain that trust and for you to work through feelings of resentment.

hmm, look who just rang my phone...my ex, wonder what she wants?

Best of luck and love to you.

I agree that couples counselling might be good here, but if you go that route, get a neutral party. Her therapist is biased towards her, and you need a noncommitted therapist to give you the best help.

the thing is though and i guess this answers my own confusion but even besides all the stuff w/ her and other guy. she was a good girl but i would say she wasnt really special girlfriend who just had it all. Everything was always more so about her and her satisfaction. And i think if i were to get back with her she would be amazing for a bit then settle back into her old ways once she got comfortable again.

the thing is though and i guess this answers my own confusion but even besides all the stuff w/ her and other guy. she was a good girl but i would say she wasnt really special girlfriend who just had it all. Everything was always more so about her and her satisfaction. And i think if i were to get back with her she would be amazing for a bit then settle back into her old ways once she got comfortable again.

It sounds as though you have her figured out pretty well, so it's just a matter of backing yourself up by going NC so you can move on. If you're not willing to do that, then you're the one keeping yourself on the fence. Not a good place to position yourself, and I think you know this.

In your corner.

Archived