Well, I knew this day would come sooner or later. My friends are beginning to get married. My first wedding that I've been invited to is next month and I'm a little clueless about the whole thing. What to give, what to wear, etc.

I'm happy for my friend, but I'm a little unhappy about going to the ceremony. Mostly because I don't have a date to bring. Just about all of my other friends who will be at the wedding have girlfriends that they'll be bringing, but not me. I'm going to feel so pathetic! And I don't want to just drag along one of my female friends. I just don't.

Do a lot of people go to weddings by themselves? Will I fit in alright, or look lonely and odd?

It's bad enough being single with absolutely no chance of a wedding of my own anytime soon, but this event is going to rub that fact in my face.

I've gone to plenty of weddings on my own. Some with a date (some with a boyfriend, some with just a friend)

I dont' really understand the concept of bringing guests anyway, and you have more fun on your own than trying to please a partner

One of the best things about going to weddings alone is that you won't be the only one alone. It's a great place to meet people. I've gone to many weddings alone. I'll be going to one at the end of the month alone. I'll still have a great time! Don't fret! You don't have to have a date!

Archived