birth control methods?

not looking for medical advice here but going to planned parenthood in a couple days for a consultation on the best type of birth control to be on, and was wondering if any of you could give your opinions on various kinds. i've been on ortho tricylclen, ortho-tricylcen-lo and the nuva ring before but only intermittently. but i'm trying to get back on birth control on a more consistent basis now (possibly one of those again, possibly something else, i want to look at all my options). i've tried doing some research online because i'm very concerned about side effects. in addition to the rare but serious side effects that i need to look out for, the more common birth control side effects that i want to avoid are weight gain, sexual side effects, and depression (things i'm all susceptible to and desperately want to steer clear of). i know the effects each method has depends from person to person (in the research i've been doing, i've read about one person swearing by a certain method and another person talking about awful side effects) so it's hard to tell but even so i was wondering about some of your experiences on them. thanks.

Truth is you may have to try out different pills to find the one that is right for you. The best I have been on was Yaz but I have known quite a few people who had horrible side effects while on that where as I had none. Also have had people have success on other forms that I could never tolerate.

I haven't been on it, but the brand names are Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Trivora-28 , which are basically the same thing. Maybe knowing this will get you a few more responses

I haven't been on it, but the brand names are Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Trivora-28 , which are basically the same thing. Maybe knowing this will get you a few more responses

right, thanks

Archived