Grocery store Crush

lexy814

I've had a crush on my cashier for a while. And I'm beginning to believe that it is mutual. I feel this energy between us. Sometimes when I come up to the register, I can see the gasp in his eyes when he sees me. i can't explain it,..it's just something there.

One week we had an interaction and i left the store thinking that something is definitely in the air. Just the way he looked at me. He also would always make sure to say hi even if we were on totally opposite sides of the store.

So, I finally introduced myself last week and asked his name! I gained the courage to do it after i saw him riding by me on the street on his bike (total randomcoincedence) and we just stared at one another for what felt like an eternity.

Anyway, the next day, I went in and he was working. The place was dead, it was just me and him, so I told myself to not miss this opportunity. He stopped ringing stuff up to turn and shake my hand. We chatted for a bit, he mentioned seeing me the day before. Then he told me to come in on Tues. and Thurs. and he could give me a discount.

I saw him yesterday for a quick minute in the store and he asked me what i was doing for the rest of the day. And we chatted for a bit more.

Anyway, glad I'm finally did it! I'm thinking that he is interested. Could I be reading the signals wrong?

I hate to sound like the dissenter, but I feel i should point out that he is there to work. Don't do anything that might put his job on the line.

Very good point and I was a bit skeptical on this 'discount' he could give out...I just never heard of such discount at a grocery store.

Either way he sounds interested but I would definitely suggest meeting him after work rather than chatting up inside the store

Thanks. It's a pretty unconventional grocery store. All the employees sort of just hang out. A few years ago, one of the guys who worked there took my phone number off the check i wrote and started calling me. That was completely innappropriate.

Yesterday, I had to run an errand after work and crossing the street I ran into the cashier again! He had a huge smile on his face when he saw me, and apparently he injured himself the day before so he was on crutches. We talked for about 10 minutes or so. I don't know if anything will ever happen or not, but I like him!

During the conversation I wondered if we should exhange numbers but didn't feel like that was even approriate or something! We were discussing his injury....oh well, maybe it was a missed oppurtunity.

Awww...the two of you sound so cute.

He may get intro trouble for asking for your number at work - but next time you could bring a pen, and write your number on the back of your receipt and hand it to him. Unless he is clueless, he'll call.

Archived