I am thinking about maybe trying OLD again. Not sure though. I've tried link removed and eHarmony and Craigslist and none of them worked out well for me. Met some strange and sleazy type people, or just guys who weren't into me.

I do have a busy social life nowadays though. I have made quite a number of friends since last year. I go to SCA events (going to a camping event Memorial Day weekend again). I fence on a weekly basis and hang out with my fencing buddies often. I also play WoW and hang out with those people too. In addition, I hang out with my best friend and his bf usually on Sat afternoons/evenings.

I haven't really met anybody to date though from my social events. THe one guy I was and am still interested in, I am pretty sure now he is NOT interested in me in that way. I tested it out by asking him to come to my practice to help me celebrate my bday a few weeks ago. The mutual friend came, along with a few others, but crush guy did NOT show up .

I do have a friendship with him and will just keep it to that.

Most of the people who do the social things I do, have SO or a spouse, so I haven't met that many singles there either.

I don't meet a lot of people out in public either since I am usually with my best friend (which causes other issues) or I am by myself intent on running an errand.

Is POF a good dating site to try out? Or I may not date right now. I dunno. I want to find a bf, but I don't feel the intense drive to find one either.

I do know that I probably will not have kids down the road though.

Hey Ellie, thanks for chiming in. Yes, I've tried link removed events. Went to a few of them and never did click with anybody there. It just also feels like a "meat market" in a way.

I'm not even sure if I will do OLD again. I had some hurtful and weird experiences from that type of dating, mostly having to do with height issues (aka people can NOT imagine that i can be this tiny and have issues with that).

Ren, I have always been jealous of tiny women. I'm over 5'8" and can get teased about that. I know you are very small, but I think you are an attractive person. Some men don't like my height and others do. The right man will think you are "just right". At least you are pretty and intelligent, that's a lot!

Ren, I have always been jealous of tiny women. I'm over 5'8" and can get teased about that. I know you are very small, but I think you are an attractive person. Some men don't like my height and others do. The right man will think you are "just right". At least you are pretty and intelligent, that's a lot!

Thanks for the compliment. It's just that finding the "right" man is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ellie, I could try more link removed events. Lately I've been concentrating on SCA events and hanging out with my friends from there, because I find camerarderie there, and playing WoW and hanging out with those friends too. Or else, I keep to myself since I cherish my alone time too.

I'm a mess of contradictions, I know.

I dunno. Personally I would rather meet someone to date through my SCA friends and events because then we could have something we share in common (that was how I met my last long-term ex, we both were into Ren Faire stuff).

I am not sure what to do. Most likely I will probably do nothing

I am the queen of procrastination.

Archived