Moodiness in relationships - a woman thing or a unisex thing?

mca1975
The dark side of Scorpio woman
The dark side of Scorpio woman

Hi all

Your views please on moodiness in relationships. Do you find that it's mostly women who can be quite moody, or can men also?

I have always been quite moody in my relationships, though I can also be great fun and full of joy!

Any comments?

I think it depends on the individual and their particular personality, background, and physiology. Although us women do have all kinds of hormonal fluctuations that men don't have which may influence our moods at certain times but I certainly have met some moody broody men too!

Yes, moodiness at menstrual time is a given and in my opinion, uncontrollable. I go quite mental around that time, especially in the week leading up to "it", and I actually feel relieved when it comes because then I realise why I was being so mental, lol

For me personally, I am VERY moody. And oh god, when I was pregnant, I dont see how in the hell my bf put up with me. lol I can laugh now, but it was awful. And he deserves to be commended for his patience and restraint in not killing me and running off to Mexico or something.

He can be moody too. Not as bad as me, but at times, he will brood. I find it best to just leave him alone when he is brooding. I will offer him a listening ear when he is ready, but other than that, I leave him alone which is what he wants. I also have to do this when he's angry. We both have very very short tempers. So when he is mad, I have to step back and give him room to breath. When I am mad, he has learned that if he makes me laugh somehow, by a comment or action, it kills my anger.

I think anybody can be moody. It's being willing to deal with it and being patient and understanding that makes or breaks a moody couple.

Interesting. I find too that if my boyfriend reacts with humour, I will come out of the moodiness very quickly. But when he is serious about it, it makes me worse.

I am quite moody in the mornings especially and one day it infuriated me that he had to discuss the fact I was moody and rude that morning - all day long - and have a discussion about it that evening, why not just let it ride if you know someone was just a bit moody because they didnt want to get out of bed? I would be.

You're right its accepting it and how you deal with it.

of course men can get moody. especially if they are tired, stressed, need some alone time.

anyone can get moody. even my dog does - sometimes he just doesn't want to wake up in the morning and would rather sleep than get out of his kennel and gives me a 'buzz off' look. dog moodiness.

OMG my ex was THE moodiest person in the world. I can cycle moods through the day depending on what's happening to me, how much sleep I have had, etc. He, however, would just fall into these slumps out of nowhere and be depressed or angry or whatever. It was unpredictable.

Yes, moodiness at menstrual time is a given and in my opinion, uncontrollable. I go quite mental around that time, especially in the week leading up to "it", and I actually feel relieved when it comes because then I realise why I was being so mental, lol

Some months I can get hyper anxious, or sad, but fortunately it's not every month.

Hi all

Your views please on moodiness in relationships. Do you find that it's mostly women who can be quite moody, or can men also?

I have always been quite moody in my relationships, though I can also be great fun and full of joy!

Any comments?

I can be moody but never rude to my bf.

But I've always been a bit moody in general. Something I'm trying to work on or take things the wrong way.

My bf only gets moody when there's a reason. He can be a bit oversensitive at times.

Women;mood

Not a winning combination, unfortunately. A woman will give a man the business and he'll be flustered, do his best to be 'nice,' then let it sit on his shoulders for a while, get heavier and heavier until all of a sudden you're screaming about something that happened a week ago and it's all a big ugly mess when it should be forgiven and forgotten (most of the time).

Hi all

Any comments?

I've found that my husband can be moody (with work, usually), but never with me and never with the relationship. We havent been together long - just 2 years and 3 months. But the statement has been consistently true the entire time.

On the other hand, I can be moody with everything, including him and the relationship. I used to be so much worse than this before my relationship with him and I am really working on controling it now because I do believe it becomes slowly quite destructive over time and I don't want that.

I can give you an example I just experienced today. I didn't get much sleep last night at all. I woke up really tired and grumpy. I was really looking forward to spending some time with H during the lunch break.

When he arrived, I gave him a big hug. He hugged me back but I could see he was in a bad mood. He also told me that he couldn't do a "full" lunch because of some work that could come in, any moment. I said "that's ok - I only have 45 mins myself". All that was fine.

For the next 15 minutes (which is all the time we ended up having) he remained in a bad mood and silently and moodily ate his lunch. I know he is brewing over work at the moment and what could be some long nights. Not at me. But I got annoyed that he wasnt "present" with me, in the 15 minutes that we did have together because I had been really looking forward to time with him and he was a million miles away and unaffectionate.

When he had to go, I was a bit short with him. He looked at me concerned and asked if I was angry? I knew I was being silly so I forced out a "no" and tried to cheer up.

But I continued to stew and be moody about it. An hour later I realised that what I really wanted from him, was not a silly fight about him not being "present" - it was just a big long warm hug to make me feel better about my own day. So being grumpy with him for what he "failed" to do would just make both of us upset.

So when I came back to my office, I sent him an email saying:

"Puppy, I’m really, really looking forward to a long hug from you as I’m feeling very tired and yuk today.

Love,

Baby Boo"

(Our pet names - don't laugh!) .. and he replied back with "Alright, sweety pie. You’ve got it."

I feel heaps better. I'm sure he feels relieved that I truly am fine (not secretly stewing like he sensed) and yay - silly tiff averted ..

So in my relationship, I get moody at him without good reason at times and I work at curbing that and will continue to because it really isnt fair. He doesn't punish me for being absent sometimes or not perfectly realising or responding to his needs! So I really shouldnt do it to him.

Interesting. I find too that if my boyfriend reacts with humour, I will come out of the moodiness very quickly. But when he is serious about it, it makes me worse.

I feel more touch with reality: when he calls me out on it. Some call it tough love, but I like it when he lets me know he doesn't need to put up with these "moods" for no reason. I explain to him what's wrong and we try to move on.

Archived