Do I or don't I?

My fiance' left me a little over two weeks ago. She doesn't know what the future holds for us and won't say that it's over forever. I'm trying my best to give her whatever space she needs to figure things out on her own, I contacted her once a few days after she left and all other contact has been initiated by her. At church I avoided talking to her or even making eye contact yesterday just so she can have her own space in our very small congregation. She graduates next Monday and I want to send her a card congratulating her and letting her know how proud of her accomplishment that I am. My question is should I send the card or not? I'm afraid that if i send it she will see it as me intruding on her "space", but if I don't she may think I that I don't care or wasn't supportive of what she was doing. Yes, I do definitely want to work things out with her, but only after she has had enough time to figure out what she really wants out of life.

I think it is best for you to assume it is over and start the process towards healing and moving on. She will know how you feel about her and a card will not move anything forward. Don't put yourself in that limbo of waiting for someone to decide what they want to do with their life - decide what you want without her and move on.

Archived