Why Won't She Contact Me Directly?

Jabbe

Keeping this story short, my best friend referred a nice lady to me. She's 2 years older than me and very successful for someone her age.

We've been in touch through email and she even has my phone number. She hasn't called yet because she's very busy and wants to have a "perfect" moment to sit down and get to know me.

I barely know her and she even went as far as to say "This is going to be hard for me to tell you, but even though we barely know each other I feel a connection with you." She even shares all kinds of personal things with me that most people don't share until knowing someone for longer than we have.

She's a very nice woman who is dealing with a lot right now, so it doesn't upset me or anything when she's not in touch. I don't even know where this is going to go, so I'm in no way sitting around waiting for her to call or email me.

I just find it strange that she won't speak with me directly and sometimes tells my best friend to tell me things like we're in high school. I sent her email, but instead of replying to me, she sends an email to my friend telling him to tell me that she was sorry she can't be in touch right now but will be soon.

Whenever she sends me email, she texts him to tell me I have an email from her.

Why wouldn't she contact me directly? Any thoughts?

What type of job does she have? Perhaps she is just very busy with getting her life together.

Well, I know that in her job she is the head of an entire division for the southeastern US. She travels a lot and can even work whenever she wants. She's always devoted to staying on top of things.

As far as I know, she only gives herself one day off a week. That's the day I or my friend would normally hear something from her.

She seems very mature and headstrong. It's just hard for me to understand why she would be going about things like this.

I don't want to go as far as saying that she really likes me, but it's a thought that I won't throw out the window along with the fact that she just might be very busy. When she has spoken with my friend, it's never been for more than 2 minutes.

Also, we're still supposed to be going out. She has already planned where she's going to take me.

I'd take what she says about waiting until the time is right, at face value. She genuinely does sound very busy and wants to give of her best.

The fact that she's letting you know personal things is her way of telling you that she's not blowing you off; the fact that she's letting others know she's busy, too, means that this is valid. She hardly knows you, wants to get to know you better, is throwing out all sorts of things to let you know that, but at the same time is understandably wary. That's why she's keeping the mutual friend in the picture.

Hope this helps!

I'd take what she says about waiting until the time is right, at face value. She genuinely does sound very busy and wants to give of her best.

The fact that she's letting you know personal things is her way of telling you that she's not blowing you off; the fact that she's letting others know she's busy, too, means that this is valid. She hardly knows you, wants to get to know you better, is throwing out all sorts of things to let you know that, but at the same time is understandably wary. That's why she's keeping the mutual friend in the picture.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your insight!

She is definitely a sweetheart. That is something I know for sure. I just hope it doesn't comes down to the point where she gives up completely. It really does seem like we would have lots of fun together. I'm just rolling with the whole situation.

I would steer clear and look for someone else. If she's so busy that she can't find time to meet and can't even find time to reply to an e-mail directly (how rude is that!??) then she won't have time for a relationship with you.

I would steer clear and look for someone else. If she's so busy that she can't find time to meet and can't even find time to reply to an e-mail directly (how rude is that!??) then she won't have time for a relationship with you.

I looked at that alternative also and was a bit offended by it. All I was thinking about was the fact that I've been out of high school for almost 5yrs now. This situation feels like one for teenagers.

If you were in my shoes, would you try to initiate contact by at least asking her how she's doing?

I looked at that alternative also and was a bit offended by it. All I was thinking about was the fact that I've been out of high school for almost 5yrs now. This situation feels like one for teenagers.

If you were in my shoes, would you try to initiate contact by at least asking her how she's doing?

No, I wouldn't.

The one thing I have learned from many years of some experience and a lot of observation is not to waste your time on someone who has little or no interest in you. And someone who cannot find time to meet or respond to messages isn't very interested. Find someone who is.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived