My girlfriend is going on a trip Memorial day weekend with a female friend of hers. The friend's fiance is also going and they're all sharing a hotel room. So, yesterday my girlfriend started discussing it and sleeping arrangements got brought up. She said she'd probably be sleeping on the floor which made me curious. She first said there was a "group" staying in the one room, and when I asked who exactly/how many she said her friend, the fiance, and one of the fiance's friends who just happens to be a guy. Basically, there's four people staying in a room with two beds. Two men and two women. Would that annoy anyone else? Am I wrong that the arrangements are totally strange? From what I can gather, this other guy is single.

She offered to cancel, but that makes me the bad guy. Then she played the trust card on me. Seems to me it's a matter of respect.

I took a few trips that involved co-ed hotel room arrangements like that when I was in college. It was strictly to save money. The raciest it got was teasing each other about "sleeping together," but actual "sleeping" was the only thing that went on.Is there something that's making you think that won't be the case with your gf?

i see your point, it's not about trust, it's about respect. I doubt she'd be thrilled if you were going to share a hotel room with another single girl. But you know, sit back and observe - don't do or say anything further. You've already made your thoughts on this clear - don't issue an ultimatum. You just wait and observe - is there a pattern to this? does she continue to put herself in these kinds of situations and then throw the trust card in your face? If so, dump her. You will not (and cannot) change people or their attitude. You accept them as they are. And by watching and observing, you can learn whether you want to be with this kind of person.

Archived