Being a ''Goody-two-shoes''!

yeawutever

Ok so what exactly does that really mean? It is being naivee.

That is what he would tell me in the beginning (According to him I was a Ms Goody-two-shoes) of our relationship and I confused that for being a virgin (was at the time). Is that a good thing when it comes to guys or is it a turn-off?

Who told you that you were a 'good two shoes' and are you still with the person?

My boyfriend and yes I'm still in a long distance relationship with him.

What were the circumstances?

I don't know, he just told me in the beginning of our relationship long, long ago.

I'm not really sure..was he saying it in a playful way, or was he saying it as though it's a negative thing?

Either way, my guess would be that he did not mean it in a negative way; he may have just been teasing you a little bit. Like la'isla said, he may have seen you as a bit innocent, or also serious-minded, avoiding trouble, etc.

That is what he would tell me in the beginning (According to him I was a Ms Goody-two-shoes) of our relationship and I confused that for being a virgin (was at the time). Is that a good thing when it comes to guys or is it a turn-off?

I think "goody-two-shoes" means that you're trying to be a better person that you really are (either as it applies to a particular skill, or as it applies to virtue), to the point where you seem pretentious (trying to impress people by making it seem like you have a skill or virtue that you don't really have).

I'd guess that he was just trying to be playful with you when he said that, but it would all depend on his tone of voice: If he said it with a good tone, he was being playful; if he said it with an angry tone, it was a genuine criticism. A woman who is overly protective of her virginity might be considered a "goody-two-shoes" (in addition to many other unpleasant terms that I will not repeat here), but it's possible to use the term "goody-two-shoes" to describe many other people, such as a student who is always trying to impress the teacher with good grades.

Whether or not this (either protecting your virginity, or being a "goody-two-shoes" in a different manner) is a turn-off depends on the guy. Some guys might even be attracted to it.

it means you're innocent' date=' always trying to do good things, not wanting to be naughty at all.[/quote']

Thanks I just searched in online just now and I gotta admit lots of what it says there is true about me. I don't like parties that much, well I would get bored and sleepy by the hour like the time I was with a friend of mine in a night club. I started getting bored and couldn't wait to go home plus I didn't like close dances, those touchy type dances agh.

Then comes stupid idiots that will get drunk and/or do drugs for the hell of it, boring and pathetic.

I'd guess that he was just trying to be playful with you when he said that, but it would all depend on his tone of voice: If he said it with a good tone, he was being playful

He did say it in a nice tone, even say he likes that, a girl that hardly ever drinks and never does drugs.

Even before I lost it to him he was in a funny tone of voice saying ''You know something, (smile on his face) even if we had sex you would still be ''Ms. Goody-two-shoes''.

Depends on the guy, and his experience. Personally, I want someone with balance, not afraid to be a little naughty, but not sniffing cocaine in my bathroom.

Archived