Question to guys about contact

Anusha

I would say someone in love would have no problems keeping in contact with their partner, even if its just a simple text Hi..

I rarely go a day without speaking to my partner, and he initiates most of the calls, texts or emails.

So yes, it is ppossible for a guy to enjoy speaking to their partner daily..why would you be in a relationship with someone who finds it a chore, or doesn't want to speak with you?

My ex did. He made sure to call me at least 3 times a day, as well as send me plenty of text messages throughout the day. We even saw each other every Monday-Friday along with these calls and texts.

Honestly, it was way too much for me.

This falls under the goup of posts I hate... A guy thing, A girl thing... Why do all guys or all girls. It's never ever that simple!

It was PURELY an individual decision for him to not want to talk to you (edit: or whoever) everday.

In all of my serious relationships - and this was including those before cell phone, before e-mail/internet/IM etc we had contact at least once every day starting at least from the time we were serious/exclusive. So, typically not for the first few/several dates but certainly after that. Not a guy thing or a girl thing - a couple thing.

With my husband and with the boyfriend I had before him, it was usually more than once a day. my husband and I were on and off long distance and we always had at least one phone conversation per day that typically lasted at least a half hour, usually longer. We loved our phone calls - and it kept us connected (when we were long distance we saw each other about every 10-14 days).

The only guy thing I guess is that guys are usually not as into the phone as women are but all that means to me is that in a serious relationship the phone contact might be once a day for five minutes or less just to check in.

Ok so it isnt a guy thing to not want contact everyday?

I would say that no, its not a guy thing. It was about him.

Its about the person and the relationship.

How they feel, and what they want.

And its finding a partner who shares the same needs.

But for the most part, I'd say daily contact is the norm. Give or take some changes here and there, or circumstances for brief periods of time. [ie going on a vacation..and even then we maintained daily contact...]

A relationship is sharing your life with someone, and for most people..they want their parnters involved with their life, and thats often maintained through contact. A phone call once or twice a week isn't a relationship, especially someone in a long term relationship who is ok with wanting to speak only twice a week..what does that really say about the person and the way they feel about the relationship?

To me that was weird too but he wouldnt think so.All the couples I know have contact everyday and when I told him that he would say it was diferent because they arent in a LDR(me and my ex were in one).Then lately I meet some couples that are in LDR and they do have contact everyday,more than once a day even.

To me that was weird too but he wouldnt think so.All the couples I know have contact everyday and when I told him that he would say it was diferent because they arent in a LDR(me and my ex were in one).Then lately I meet some couples that are in LDR and they do have contact everyday,more than once a day even.

I think that especially people in a long distance relationship should want to call every day. Since you're not seeing each other in person you need to keep contact by phone. For a vacation, I won't talk everyday. He went on a 5 day vacation, and we talked two of the nights for maybe 30 minutes. But for a LDR I'd guess talking everyday would be more normal than if you're seeing them regularly, but I've never been in one.

I think if you're in an LDR, it's essential you keep in contact everyday (or try to as much as your schedule allows). Keep in mind everyone has different views in relationships and how much contact is necessary or desired. Has he always been like this?

I suppose his preference is minimal/limited contact. Strange, but not wrong.

I think it's a waste of time to analyze his behavior in contacting you - just make a decision concerning what level of contact you want - but wait to make that decision until you are in your next relationship because you may feel differently in that relationship.

I remember last easter i went to Cuba with my parents, of course there isnt any cell phone service in Cuba and I almost didnt enjoy my trip because of the simple fact i had no way of contacting my girlfriend, so yes i believe there are guys out there who have no peoblem at all talking to their loved one every single day.

Im not with him,we broke up about 4 months ago.I like a lot of contact,everyday even or anything close to that but I just wasnt sure if there was any guy who liked it too.

It sounds to me like you wanted validation for your needs - did you really believe that there would be no men who preferred more contact or every day contact? I mention this because I think it's important for you to be honest with yourself so that you can more quickly move on from this relationship.

Well my ex acted like if wasnt normal for me to want contact everyday,like if I was clingy for want that.And he was my first bf so yes I didnt know how guys saw that,but considerating pretty much everybody I know that is in a relationship has contact with their bf everyday I think probably there should be guys who likes that.

I remember last easter i went to Cuba with my parents, of course there isnt any cell phone service in Cuba and I almost didnt enjoy my trip because of the simple fact i had no way of contacting my girlfriend, so yes i believe there are guys out there who have no peoblem at all talking to their loved one every single day.

So you didnt mind talking with your gf while you were away? My ex never wanted to keep in contact while he traveled.

Archived