Why are we so stupid?

spidey112

Why is it that we know what to do, what not to do, get all kinds of great advice from friends and people on forums like this, and STILL do stupid stuff? Why do we allow ourselves to succumb to our emotions? Why is it so darn hard to have patience and stay the course?

](*,)

it's not stupidity.

If you were to never make the mistake, you'd never truly know it was a mistake.

Therefore, you would be likely to repeat it, without this hurt.

When you burn your hand, the skin grows back rougher. To protect you.

Logic as only Mr. Spock could give.

Because we're human. We have flaws, and our emotions get the better of us sometimes. I was bound and determined to get divorced and I've regretted it for the most part ever since. People warned me I may be single, I didn't believe them, those people have been right.

Logic as only Mr. Spock could give.

Ah, but having seen the new Star Trek film today (10/10!) acknowledging emotional responses and the way in which they end up taking you forward, I have to quote a cliche 'what does not kill you makes you stronger' as well.

And substitute depending on gender 'A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle' (Dorothy Parker). Think about it.

Ah, but having seen the new Star Trek film today (10/10!) acknowledging emotional responses and the way in which they end up taking you forward, I have to quote a cliche 'what does not kill you makes you stronger' as well.

And substitute depending on gender 'A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle' (Dorothy Parker). Think about it.

We so need to discuss this over cocktails...

The whole purpose of the forum is to push and reassure people in the direction their logic already pushes them but their heart opposes. It is mainly a fight against emotions with logic, one which we would lose alone but with reassurance from others we often succeed.

Archived