I'm trying so hard to be happy, I'm so depressed..

Ms.Lady

Everything is just so blah to me now. I'm tired of trying to look for a job, I'm so aggravated that I go out of my way to try to find something only to get nothing back.My ex is leaving me and he's going to another state to start a new life. Now I'm just hearing about an old friend of mines being killed in a car accident. All of this is just too much for me to take. I'm just so confused,sad and lost and I just don't have a direction to go.

I stay home most of the time because I just don't feel like going out by myself. Most of my friends are busy and occupied with their own lives, they have jobs etc etc. To be honest I don't feel like going out much. I tried to go out by myself to the movies on Saturday night and I felt pretty crappy. I felt so stupid walking around the mall, while I saw all of these families and young people all around me with their dates and everyone's laughing and smiling, It really brought tears to my eyes. It seems as if I'm invisible to the world, no one interested in talking to me. Everyone was in their own world.

I've been eating very little, I don't have much of an appetite and my sleep patterns are so off. Sometimes I go to bed early,sometimes I stay up till late in the morning. I've just gotten so lazy and lack of energy to do things. All I do is just lay around all day and mope about my ex. I sound so pathetic.. I'm irritable moody and I just feel so agitated most of the time. I really don't know how I'm going to be happy.. Life sucks and I feel like life cheated me, I don't deserve to have all of this stuff to crash in on me...

Turn it all around. Only you can do it. There are plenty of people out there with the same problems and worse. Don't underestimate what all those other people walking around the mall have got to deal with. Get out there and stop feeling sorry for yourself. I'm sorry this has all happened to you all at once, it's not nice, we all go through these stages, and I'm truly sorry about your friend passing, but it's up to you how long this stage goes on for. Do you do nothing and stay like that, or do you get out there and keep fighting?

I can only partially imagine how you feel. I do know that depression can be caused by real things that happen in our lives. That then can affect our body chemistry. Sometimes, psychiatrists prescribe medication to help with the chemistry.

If you feel physically depressed, sapped of energy as you described, that is the chemical reaction of depression. Some medication may help you deal with it. Personally, I'm not in favor of medication for depression. My method is a little more traditional. It's called dark chocolate. Seriously, some foods can help reduce the chemical reaction of depression. Dark chocolate is one of them.

Alcohol is not. Alcohol can make depression more intense, even though momentarily it may dull all sensation.

But these only treat the physical symptoms of depression. The causes are in the real world, and can be dealt with. The chemicals can sometimes keep us from dealing with the real world and make us withdraw. That's why doing something about that can help, because it gives you enough balance to begin to cope.

You are going through a lot in your life, and it is entirely normal to feel depressed. Going to the movies alone was a great thing for you to try, even though you were moved to tears. I encourage you to keep at it, to do things you enjoy. Crying can be supremely healthy, as it also helps you release all those depressing chemicals.

Another thing I encourage during periods of depression is moderate exercise. Go out for a walk or a jog or a bicycle ride. Exercise also changes the body energy and gives you more of a optimistic can-do attitude.

The most important thing I can suggest is that you make the investment and meet up with a psychologist or psychiatrist. You don't need to go through this period alone. A professional can help guide you. Having someone to talk to is really important, and if the someone understands how depression works, that's the best.

Good luck, you are not alone.

I think I may just put my finger on the map and take a drive this summer. I just canceled my old gym membership and starting a new one near my college and want to tone up and then buy a few cute outfits, get my hair trimmed, and take a nice jog on the beach, eat shrimp cocktail on the pier, window shop, and then sit on the beach in my lounge chair and read a good book....I intend to enjoy my life and have no regrets...time for a change friends !

I think I may just put my finger on the map and take a drive this summer. I just canceled my old gym membership and starting a new one near my college and want to tone up and then buy a few cute outfits, get my hair trimmed, and take a nice jog on the beach, eat shrimp cocktail on the pier, window shop, and then sit on the beach in my lounge chair and read a good book....I intend to enjoy my life and have no regrets...time for a change friends !

Sounds lovely (except for the shrimp cocktail!). I wish there was a beach near here. I would just love to get away and explore a new place but it is too expensive to travel.

Turn it all around. Only you can do it. There are plenty of people out there with the same problems and worse. Don't underestimate what all those other people walking around the mall have got to deal with. Get out there and stop feeling sorry for yourself. I'm sorry this has all happened to you all at once, it's not nice, we all go through these stages, and I'm truly sorry about your friend passing, but it's up to you how long this stage goes on for. Do you do nothing and stay like that, or do you get out there and keep fighting?

I'm trying to find something for me to do but my options are so limited without money and a job. I would love to join a gym membership but I can't afford to waste money on that. Going out seems to depress me even more because everything I do, it has to be done alone and it's depressing. I wish I had more friends to do things with. I don't know what's going to make me happy except for my ex to come back in my life. To aplogize for everything and say he wants me back and that he's staying here with me. That's the only thing that will make me feel complete. I so give up on trying to find a job, I just can't find anything.. No luck..

I can only partially imagine how you feel. I do know that depression can be caused by real things that happen in our lives. That then can affect our body chemistry. Sometimes, psychiatrists prescribe medication to help with the chemistry.

If you feel physically depressed, sapped of energy as you described, that is the chemical reaction of depression. Some medication may help you deal with it. Personally, I'm not in favor of medication for depression. My method is a little more traditional. It's called dark chocolate. Seriously, some foods can help reduce the chemical reaction of depression. Dark chocolate is one of them.

Alcohol is not. Alcohol can make depression more intense, even though momentarily it may dull all sensation.

But these only treat the physical symptoms of depression. The causes are in the real world, and can be dealt with. The chemicals can sometimes keep us from dealing with the real world and make us withdraw. That's why doing something about that can help, because it gives you enough balance to begin to cope.

You are going through a lot in your life, and it is entirely normal to feel depressed. Going to the movies alone was a great thing for you to try, even though you were moved to tears. I encourage you to keep at it, to do things you enjoy. Crying can be supremely healthy, as it also helps you release all those depressing chemicals.

Another thing I encourage during periods of depression is moderate exercise. Go out for a walk or a jog or a bicycle ride. Exercise also changes the body energy and gives you more of a optimistic can-do attitude.

The most important thing I can suggest is that you make the investment and meet up with a psychologist or psychiatrist. You don't need to go through this period alone. A professional can help guide you. Having someone to talk to is really important, and if the someone understands how depression works, that's the best.

Good luck, you are not alone.

Thanks, I'm feeling ok today I guess, just blah. Forcing myself to do things is so hard. I'm just so moody and irritable that I don't even feel like doing much. I've become lazy and I'm trying to snap out of this funk I'm in and get out. When I do go out and try this, I feel out of it and I feel like a zombie. I keep feeling this anxiety. I keep examining everyone else around me and it saddens me so much. A walk to the park, I'm sitting somewhere by myself and a couple may walk by and I think to myself, I used to be happy like that. I feel so sad about it that I run back to car and drive home to cry. It may sound silly but I don't know what methods that's going to work to snap me out of this. It's not something that I can sanp my fingers and say I'm happy and it's going to take more than going out and being active to do it unfortunately. I would go see a psychiatrist but I simply don't have the money to see one at the time which makes me feel even more hopeless.

That sounds like a plan, I may do the same. I so need to get in shape. I have exercise equipment at home but I'm just too lazy to use it. Everytime I start a workout plan, I never fall through with it. But I feel like it's time for a change as well.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived