on NC for 4 mos - I know I am healing and I feel it but why are there days when I feel sad again?

agtc
Healing Depression - Positive Affir...
Healing Depression - Positive Affirmation and Inspiration

I don't think we are able to control the relapse but it's the bouncing out of the relapse that we can control more. I feel like that's my case anyway. For a while, I would suppress my feelings about him then all of a sudden it'll hit me like a mack truck. Now I am embracing those days know that it is part of the grieving process and just not dwell too much. Yes is easier said then done.

Oh and I am having one of those days today too.

I don't think we are able to control the relapse but it's the bouncing out of the relapse that we can control more. I feel like that's my case anyway. For a while, I would suppress my feelings about him then all of a sudden it'll hit me like a mack truck. Now I am embracing those days know that it is part of the grieving process and just not dwell too much. Yes is easier said then done.

Oh and I am having one of those days today too.

I am doing everything under the sun that'll keep my busy - and yet I have days (such as today) where sadness just creeps up behind me and I can't make it go away!

I am doing everything under the sun that'll keep my busy - and yet I have days (such as today) where sadness just creeps up behind me and I can't make it go away!

Yeah I totally get it. I didn't sleep all last night because I had him on my mind. Today I barely made it through the day. I am letting myself feel sorry for myself today, so that hopefully tomorrow it will be out of my system for a while. I try to look forward to next day when hopefully the sadness subsides.

*HUGS*

It's been over a year for me and still I have those days, but not like before...today was one of those days. I went and canceled the sports club membership where me and my ex used to go as a martial arts team...I feel a sense of loss, because I had friends there who I love dearly, but I have to distance myself from places we used to go as a couple...I decided to go the health club near my college, which is not to far from the one I went to before....it's time for a change. I sat today in front of the abandoned restaurant where me and him used to eat on the marina, and I heard the trains in the distance and said good-bye.

Even after all this time there are good days and bad ones, but in all honesty I know I could never be happy with him and my decision to discontinue the relationship was the right thing to do.

You know, we call it healing for a reason. I'm sure in the past you've broken something, or sprained something, and had to sit out for a bit and let that heal. You're not 100% for quite a while. Think about what happened: it hurts like hell one day and then throbs the next. In the beginning, it hurts like hell a lot of the days and throbs a few days. As the process goes on, it throbs more and hurts like hell less, but it still will on occasion. You can't get up and play a game of baseball or run a marathon if you've torn your knee up say three weeks ago. Give yourself time to heal, and understand that there will be twinges of pain occasionally. It WILL get better, but you have to give it time. That goes for your knee or shoulder, or shin, or heart. Give it time.

Archived