Great relationship. Big age difference. Advice please.

Blanko500

QUOTE As far as age gaps generally, one poster asked what you two could possibly have in common, and whereas there are legitimate issues with age gaps, this isn't one of them

yes you are right in saying that they could be intellectually matched...however the AGE GAP IS the issue and if you read all of these posts you should get a sense that this women is quite immature emotionally so once again it is clearly an age gap related problem. The age gap is the reason this thread was posted as it appears to be the major problem between this couple...

YOUR quote this isn't one of them Sorry disagree this is clearly one of them...and I cannot see it being resolved any time soon..

My statement "this isn't one of them" was strictly referring to the cliche', often heard, that age gaps relationships never work because the two people will never have anything in common, which is an absurd statement. Stated nothing more, and stand by what I posted

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you are talking about. I have been dating a younger man for 3 months an he just droppd off calling me. Although he still e-mails me. Anyway what I have come to discover is that although we match with them in looks (I am 40 and have been told I look late twenties early thirties) we don't match them in maturity level. I think younger men and women like the security and maturity of an older woman or man but lack maturity themselves as well as stability to have a future. I think that most are out for a material or in my case, a physical joy ride that ends statistically at three months. The guy I have been dating wants to continue relations whenever he takes a notion but can offer nothing in the way of commitment or emotional intimacy, which is what I require. I would advise you to end this as I fear she is taking advantage of you. There are plenty of women who can and will give you the kind of relationship you want without all the drama. Which is what I have found in my own relationship.

Take care and Good Luck

Butrfly

Archived