How do you get over someone?

Alabama

There is a girl I have been friends with for about 2 years. I started developing an attraction a year after I met her. I asked her out 5 months ago and got a form of rejection (basically she is more career oriented at this point in her life). So I have been trying to get over her. But to no avail. I only saw her a few times this semster in College and figured I was okay for 4 months without seeing her. Only now I have been heavily thinking about kissing her and realize that would probably ruin our friendship which I do not want to do. How do you get over someone? I know keeping busy helps, but there are those times when I am not working that I start to think about her and just get down.

Tell yourself, over and over if need be, that she's not interested in you. Period. She's a friend and nothing more. And though I know it's the last thing on your mind at this point...

Find someone else. It won't come quickly but start opening your views and looking at other women. It won't be easy but eventually another beauty will take her place. I had a 2-year long crush on my friend that was broken, literally within the span of 2-weeks, by a new girl at college. It works, you just have to be willing and try.

Archived