When do you think is a better day to ask someone out for the weekend?

keith515

Maybe it doesn't matter but I was curious if anyone has any opinions on the matter. If you wanted to ask someone out for Saturday night, would Tues, Wed or Mon be better? I would imagine Thurs may be a little too late.

I think any time before Thursday - really, if you are keen and she is possibly keen, there's no harm contacting on the Monday, or as early as you like. Perhaps don't book more than a week out if it's just a catch-up or get to know you session, but if it's to go to a particular event then as early as you like is fine.

I agree with Caro... but it doesn't really matter... if she is one of those "rules-girls" ie "he better ask me out before thursday for a Saturday date" (and there are still some of them around) you are better off without some high maintenance cow like that anyway.

If she likes you, and she is free, it shouldn't matter when you ask her. These game players do my head in!!

It's not necessarily game playing. I try to make plans with people I don't know in advance. It's courteous and shows respect since you're not aware what their schedule may be. It also helps for planning purposes. If you secure a date by Wednesday, then you can follow up later to make more solid plans.

Most of my weekends are booked by Thursday because I have errands to run and other commitments to friends and colleagues. I always appreciate it when a guy I like make plans ahead of time.

It's not necessarily game playing. I try to make plans with people I don't know in advance. It's courteous and shows respect since you're not aware what their schedule may be. It also helps for planning purposes. If you secure a date by Wednesday, then you can follow up later to make more solid plans.

Most of my weekends are booked by Thursday because I have errands to run and other commitments to friends and colleagues. I always appreciate it when a guy I like make plans ahead of time.

I'm talking about people who pretend to be busy if they are asked out after a certain time or 'too close' to the date night. There are people out there who will decline a date ( even if they are not busy!!) if asked too close to the date night. That to me is just so sad and pathetic!

It could be pretty self-sabotaging, I agree. The only reason I suggest Thursday is getting too late is so you look like you are prioritising the date, it's not just an after-thought or a last resort. Also to maximise the chance that the other person will be available.

Really, there's no harm asking someone out the same night, you are just taking greater chances that they can't make it and that they may think you are flippant about seeing them.

I wouldn't turn down a date with a guy that I really liked if he asked me out very close to the time of the date but at the same time, I might have this little voice in the back of my head wondering if his other plans fell through or why he didn't ask me out earlier. It would cross my mind. But that would not be enough to not accept if I was free though.

When is the Best Time to Read?
When is the Best Time to Read?

Archived