Haha!!! Retribution after breakup!!!!

So....I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but this thread seemed like the best choice. Long story short, my fiancee of 3 years cheated on me and lied about numerous things, and we are completely done as of two months ago. Through a mutual acquaintance, I learned that her new BF knocked her up no more than two months after meeting her a##. I seriously can't stop laughing at this point. Honestly, I am only mad that my tax dollars will go toward paying for these idiots, but I believe that is an entirely different discussion all together! The bottom line is that I am 24, childless, and three months from earning an MBA and a guaranteed 6 figure income. I couldn't be happier.

I say leave it alone. You don't seem to be asking for advice here, but you did make a post. So I guess you did want some response.

Move on. Revenge, retribution, all that stuff is bad news. You won't become happy just because someone who hurt you got hurt themselves. It may feel good in the short term, but that will quickly disappear.

Focusing on the negative can make you a negative person.

I know, I've seen it and experienced it. I recently had a work relationship with someone who was abusive and very nasty (pardon the redundancy). I finally told this person that we not only will no longer work together, that I don't want to speak to them unless they send a sincere apology first. After we no longer work together, the best "revenge" was to simply do my job very well. Even better than before.

When you get hurt, it is hard to let go. I know that. No need to deny your feelings, but rather channel them into finding a relationship that will make YOU happy. When you do, put this first relationship out of existence. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, certainly don't compare your current relationship to that previous person. It will take training, but you can do it. The new person you are with deserves to have all of you.

So be healthy, be happy. Leave the past alone, run away from revenge or retribution. Don't find a relationship that will make YOUR EX unhappy, rather find the relationship that will make YOU happy.

^^^ agree, it's anyone's natural reaction to be secretly smug and happy of an ex's bad circumstance - a cheating ex mind you. it's not like you're taking revenge on her or anything. if anything, you may feel justice has been served and it could help you move on.

enjoy your moment of karma - but in the end, take the high road and wish her and new baby well. most of all enjoy YOUR bright future, including upcoming 6 figure salary!

Archived