Suicide as a ploy or for real?

happyforyou
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

My soon to be ex husband threatened suicide multiple times. It started when he asked me to take our son and leave his home. It continued on throughout the beginning of the summer, then by the end of the summer, when he "got me back" it ended. When I filed for divorce, he wanted to reconcile and threatened it again. Did anyone here ever use a suicide threat as BOTH a ploy AS WELL AS consider it seriously?

I just don't get it....if so, why?

You can never be absolutely sure but suicide threats like this are not uncommon. It is obviously something that is going to get your attention which is what he wants.

If I were you, I would advise his immediate family whenever he mentions this. Ask them to look out for him. He will get embarrassed by this eventually and turn to other means.

My soon to be ex husband threatened suicide multiple times. It started when he asked me to take our son and leave his home. It continued on throughout the beginning of the summer, then by the end of the summer, when he "got me back" it ended. When I filed for divorce, he wanted to reconcile and threatened it again. Did anyone here ever use a suicide threat as BOTH a ploy AS WELL AS consider it seriously?

I just don't get it....if so, why?

Why? Because it worked for him once. If he got you back by buying flowers before, he would buy you more flowers now. Not saying he is consciously choosing to do this. Most of the life lessons we learn are instinctual. Learning quickly, adapting, and applying those lessons on the fly is how we evolved into walking, talking, suicidal hairless apes. Welcome to Earth.

Archived