Well here is the deal. I knew my ex for 7 or 8 years 2 of which we were in a relationship the rest being best friends. Our relationship officially ended in December and although we momentarily got back together sometime in late January, we came to the conclusion that we couldnt just be friends, that we would always be inclined to fall back into a relationship and decided that until enough time had passed our friendship would have to wait.

-

-

-

Jumping forward to now. In February i literally met the love of my life. She is from Florida and im here in california. She came out here to see me in the beginning of April and since then we have made plans for me to go back to Florida where we'll live together. These plans come to fruition in 3 weeks, on the 23rd. Here is my question Should i write, email, text, or call me ex to see her to let her know whats happening basically as a means to let her know that ive appreciated her friendship and that i hope the best for her. Or should i simply allow things to drift off and let that be it. I have a feeling, as its happened in the past that one day sooner or later she will call me and I guess id hate to let her know then at that point that, "oh ya btw im in Florida"

-

-

ok so what would you do here...let the ex know and give your farewell or let us continue on what ever path we are on and let that be it.

If I was in your situation, I would call her, not meet her or anything. Give her a call saying exactly that, I appreciate the friendship and love we shared for each other and thank you, then let her know you have found someone and you will be moving away. Thats all you need to say, dont need to wait for her to ask questions, just leave it at that.

DONT let her know, there is no need, only going to rehash feelings for no reason.... just let it go, it will be better off that way..

I agree with this. Things have been broken off for 5 months. Let it go.

i wouldn't tell her. if she wants to find you... when she is ready, she will. she will then have likely considered the possibility of this happening when she makes contact, and will be more prepared. she may not be ready to hear it just yet.

good luck with what ever you do..

Archived