She's Leaving for the summer

aldridal

So, this amazing girl and I decided to make it "official". I'll be honest, it's all moved pretty quickly, but something just clicked, and we both felt the same way. Basically, we met a few weeks ago, have spent a lot of time together (talking for hours, and physical intimacy), and just seem to have that chemistry that we've known each other forever. Cheesy, I know.

Here's where things get a little complicated. She's going home for the summer, which is about 4 hours from where I live. That's not too big of a distance, and I'm sure we'll be able to find time to see each other at least every other weekend, or something to that effect. There is also this great invention called the cell phone, which I'm sure we'll both be using quite a bit for texts and what not.

Anyways, I can't help but feel a sense of nervousness. I have a feeling that the distance will be good for our relationship, because the forced space will allow us to continue with our lives and do our own thing, and make getting together that much more special. I guess I just hope she doesn't decide that it's not worth it, and call it quits.

The distance will make it better actually. Often new couples see to much of each other during the early phase and burn out the relationship. This will force the two of you to have quality time together with lots of reflection.

This is a good thing (or can be)

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. I guess we both just have to be careful to also let each other have our space during this time. IE, not calling, texting, or messaging "I miss you" stuff every other hour. We decided to start dating knowing full well that there will be 3 months that we'll only have a chance to see each other at most a dozen times, so it's not like neither of us are prepared. It'll just be difficult, I guess.

Archived