What has this world come to?

A few days ago a teenage girl who was walking to high school was struck and killed instantly, by a school bus, on a busy road about a half mile from my house.

Driving by the memorial site where blood stains are still on the pavement left me choked up this morning. Ever since my uncle was killed by a motorist while cycling, roadside memorials are hard for me to look at.

But here's what really gets me in this situation: After the accident- this girls' fellow classmates rushed off the bus. They took photographs on their cell phones of her decapitated body- and sent them to their other classmates. Now the details of her head rolling detached from her body are all over the city.

News documentation? I doubt it. There were several witnesses to the accident that are going to testify.....and people need to leave the photographs & documentation to the medical examiner. These teenagers who took her photo must be desensitized to humanity. It's SICK. I don't understand how some people can be so cruel. How could they stand there and take a photograph and text it to their friends. She was a human being, with a soul.

I would imagine the suffering that her family is going through is so much worse, knowing that pictures of their daughter's body are circulating around. God forbid they end up online.

Honestly, if someone had photograped my uncle like that when he died on the street, I don't know what we would do.

It's just heartless.

Wow! OMG! I am so sorry Bella. That must be so awful to drive by when it happened to your loved one.

The behavoir of those kids was DISGUSTING, utterly appauling. This is why I SO strongly discourage children watching gratitious violence like horror movies and the like because they become "desensitized to humanity."

How uttterly tragic to her and her family not to mention disrespectful in the extreme. This REALLY distresses me.

It is an ugly ugly world kids live in of making violence against humans and animals superfilous.It is in games and movies, pictures and all treated like it is NO BIG DEAL....as we can see it is a BIG deal, when kids do not know how to act out of respect for the dead AND the living. Disgusting. I am so sorry once again Bella, wow your post really gets to me. SO sad.

That is the most sickening, depraved thing I have ever heard, pretty much in my entire life. People are losing their grip with reality and no longer have any sensitivity. They don't stop to think about anything anymore.

Could you IMAGINE if that was your child or friend!?!?!?!?

A terrible accident being made into a freak show youtube senstation?

I know it's human nature to gawk and being entranced with things like this, but where do you draw the line and stop. to. think.

At the high school there are grief counselors to help the students cope. I sure hope that the cell phone pics are addressed as part of this counseling process.

People are losing their grip with reality and no longer have any sensitivity

I agree.

the worst has happened | Isolating ...
the worst has happened | Isolating in a Motorhome

Archived