Having hard time getting pregnant!

Wanted

Me and my GF have been trying for about two years now on almost a daily basis and still nothing! Recently she had her period as usual and about a week later she started bleeding as if her period was here but no cramps, pain, and everything that comes with having your period. I want to know what happened here because it is very unsual don't you all agree? We just got an ovulation test thing to see her two most fertile days but we have to wait till she gets her REAL period. This has become a usual thing her bleeding randomly as if it were her period at random times lasting 2-3 days at times. She has seen a doctor twice I believe about this and says she is fine and this is normal? Any help/suggestions will be appreciated!

Haven't you posted the same questions before when you were broken up with her? The answers you receive now aren't going to be any different than they were then. For one, having sex everyday isn't going to cause you to get pregnant any easier. It may now be her, it may be you. If you really want to conceive both of you need to get to a doctor and have tests done to see what could possibly be the problem.

I said it in your old post and will say it again, having a baby will not fix your problems.

Haven't you posted the same questions before when you were broken up with her? The answers you receive now aren't going to be any different than they were then. For one, having sex everyday isn't going to cause you to get pregnant any easier. It may now be her, it may be you. If you really want to conceive both of you need to get to a doctor and have tests done to see what could possibly be the problem.

I said it in your old post and will say it again, having a baby will not fix your problems.

You are right, I did post something similar. I would of just posted on the old thread, but I did not find it. The bleeding part is recent and is why I am reposting about it. And we have BEEN trying, we are not just trying to "fix our problems" are problems have been fixed and left behind! We are now happier than EVER before and we just want to share a child and take care of one and love one like we've BEEN wanting. We both STRONGLY believe we are ready for one. Yes, we might just have to have a doctor check us out. Im starting to think it is me!

The bleeding part, I'm not sure about. Anything is possible. And since you guys have been trying for so long, the stress and anxiety about it, can really wreak havoc on her body, making it go haywire. lol My bf and I werent "trying" per se, but we were not using birth control, even then we didnt get pregnant until about a year later. That's a year of no birth control. I'd freak out if my period was one day late, we'd get excited and then the big let down. It was so stressful that I thought about going back on birth control, it was driving us both crazy. Then finally last July, we were pregnant. I just had our son in March and he is well worth the wait.

A couple of things that I did BEFORE I was pregnant:

sex only every other day--this is very very important--sex everyday actually can lessen your chances of conceiving--you need to let your sperm count build up for better results

for her: no Ibuprofen, Advil, or motrin of any kind

no smoking, drinking alcohol, or caffeine (I was a little lax on these, but I did cut everything back)

sexual positions: missionary is the best and just after sex, she should put a pillow under her butt and put her legs up--I used to put my feet up on the wall..lol

she should go ahead and start taking a prenatal vitamin now, so that her body has the right amount of folic acid and other vitamins and minerals needed to support a pregnancy

Good luck to you guys!!!

Me and my GF have been trying for about two years now on almost a daily basis and still nothing!

Have you been actively trying for two years? If so, you should probably go in to see a doctor about fertility testing if you are serious about having children.

You've been trying to get your gf pregnant since you were 21?

As someone stated earlier--having a baby will not solve your problems.

I remember that you also stated that at one point she was your ex... So I'm assuming your back together and you think a baby will bring you guys together.

Please think carefully before trying for a baby when your in an unhealthy relationship.

Also if she hasn't gotten pregnant in the last two years, you may need to go to a fertility doctor. Although if she is your age too (23) then I would say that it's odd for her to be infertile

I Want Her Back Soo Bad!

Ok, so this is my situation, my girlfriend broke up with my exactly 1wk, 5days ago (2yr 9mon relationship) I am 22, and she is 19.

We both were deeply in love, she mostly pushed for marriage, moving together and a child but I'd say were too young and I want the same things believe me but not RIGHT now maybe in a year or even sooner because financially were not stable right now, and this is another reason she said she got "tired of waiting"

You posted the above in March... And then in another thread you stated that after 9 days of NC you recently got back with her(after the third time of you guys breaking up)... Unless you are all the sudden financially stable, and you are SURE that you guys will not break up again. Please do not plan for a baby right now!!! Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but I have a feeling that you want the baby just because you want to keep her.

Exactly. It seems you want her to get pregnant so that you feel you will keep her around. That isn't true. A baby is the LAST thing you need at this point and her not getting pregnant is the last thing you need to be worrying about. You need to be thankful she isn't pregnant yet. Her having a baby won't keep you guys together or fix any of your problems infact with your history it will probably just make things worse for you two. Don't bring an innocent child into the world just because you feel it will fix things. I suggest you STOP trying to get her pregnant and fix your problems before you even consider having a child.

You've been trying to get your gf pregnant since you were 21?

As someone stated earlier--having a baby will not solve your problems.

I remember that you also stated that at one point she was your ex... So I'm assuming your back together and you think a baby will bring you guys together.

Please think carefully before trying for a baby when your in an unhealthy relationship.

Also if she hasn't gotten pregnant in the last two years, you may need to go to a fertility doctor. Although if she is your age too (23) then I would say that it's odd for her to be infertile

And more disturbing is that you have been trying to get her pregnant since she was 17.

You just got back together less than 2 months ago- what is your rush?

Why not finish school, get stable careers (since I can only assume that hasn't happened in the 2 months since these issues were a problem), work on your relationship, try out living together, get married and then talk about children?

I don't understand what your rush is, honestly. A baby challenges even the strongest and most stable of relationships, and a 19 and 23 year old who just broke up 2 months ago because you weren't interested in committing and having a baby right now do not fit into that category.

Please think long and hard about this and do it when the time is right- not now.

pregnancy and a baby will not fix your problems. it will horribly amplify everything that is already an issue, no matter how minor. financial stress and emotional stress that a baby brings will NOT fix anything and it will NOT keep you together. if babies kept people together there would be a whole lot less single parents out there.

if somehow you have managed to fix your previous issues and this really is a good time for a child, i would say that after two years of trying you both need to visit a doctor.

She has seen a doctor twice I believe about this and says she is fine!

If that's the case, then I would say the problem lies with YOU. You should go to the doctor and get yourself checked out.

That said, I agree with all the other posters. This whole thing is a really bad idea and will NOT solve anything. In fact, it will more likely than not cause more problems in the future. Even worse, an innocent life will be drawn into a dysfunctional family life. Not good. Not right. Not fair.

Didn't you recently split up with her? I thought you were trying for a year and not 2.

I remember your posts also about her irregular periods. Personally, I think that your relationship is way to shaky to even THINK about raising new people in the midst of you breaking up and getting back together, and that being unable to conceive so far is sort of a blessing in disguise.

However. Her irregular cycles can be indicative of problems in ovulating, and that can in turn give difficulties in trying to conceive. If she is as worried as you are, she could consider seeing a obgyn to rule out STI's that can cause blockage of the fallopian tube (Chlamydia).

But my advise is to start birth control, work on your relationship, take care that you are stable together for more than two years, and then start trying again.

I don't get why everyone keeps saying "Having a baby will NOT fix your problems". This is def. not a reason why we want one at all. I did miss calculate, we have been trying for a year and some change. Also, this is not something I brought up, this she brought up and I agreed with it. So I am not tryin to get her pregnant to "keep her".

My guess is that the majority of people on here feel that trying for a baby is not the smartest thing to do if you recently split up. It's not what you want to hear, and you didn't ask for that advise but if you read all the posts, plenty of people suggest to go to a doctor.

None of us can see if you or her or both of you have fertility problems. So if you worry, go to a doctor and have a sperm mobility/form/count test.

Good luck.

I don't get why everyone keeps saying "Having a baby will NOT fix your problems". This is def. not a reason why we want one at all. I did miss calculate, we have been trying for a year and some change. Also, this is not something I brought up, this she brought up and I agreed with it. So I am not tryin to get her pregnant to "keep her".

My question is if you aren't wanting a baby to try and fix a problem, then what is the rush and why all of the concern?... I don't care what two adults do but don't bring an innocent child into a relationship that isn't even stable in the first place. It's quite selfish on both yours and her part.

i mentioned it because i know you two were recently split up and have now gotten back together. people do not break up for no reason. you may not be wanted a baby to keep the girl around or whatever, but a baby WILL complicate the relationship. and if you have ANY other issues, they will grow bigger and harder to deal with. issues that have nothing to do with a baby will still be issues. you need to make sure that you have identified and solved all previous problems because with the pregnancy hormones, plus the stress of after baby comes, her recovery, everyone's lack of sleep, financial burden of a baby, etc, will only mount on top of other previous problems.

and i also believe that BOTH of you may need to see a doctor. if she already has, then perhaps it's you. if she has irregular cycles, she may/probably also have irregular ovulation. perhaps she needs to track her temperatures and mucus; they also sell OTC ovulation kits to tell when you are ovulating for better chances at pregnancy.

Archived