On my Birthday my ex, ex attempted suicide...

I was in a rocky relationship with a sex addict, alcoholic man. He would lie to me consistantly but we were together for 1 year and I do love him, and always will for the good person he is when he wants to be. During our relationship he maintained a separate relationship in another city with his ex, of 25 years. I don't think he was completley honest with her about his relationship with me. I broke up with him because of his disonisty, he wanted to have best of both worlds and even more. We were together but we never build anything.

On my birthday he called and invited me to brunch, I haven't seen or spoken to him for 3 weeks. It was great we had such a fun time and I remembered why I loved him and he loved me, it was one of those rare moments where we just enjoyed eacothers company. In the car he told me he loves me so much and he was happy that I made my birthday special and he wants to work things out, we were laughing having a good time. well, it turns out that his iphone dialed his ex unintentionally and his ex of 25 years heard our whole conversation. I won't get to the details of the deception in his part with her but what happened is he told him that she took a whole bottle of ambien and alcohol and drove to where no one would find her. well they did... and she is ICU and he is on his way to see her. What if she Dies? what do I do? I don't know what to tell him but I know that she did it because he promised that he would stop seeing me. While we were together what broke our relationship was that he cheated on me with my best friend. He is a compulsive lier but I'm smart and it was special to have him at my birthday because I do respectfully love him. I just don't know what to do or say?? I feel Guilty, Confused, and I don't want him to be alone... if she dies it will completely imortalize him and he will just get worse. He is stubborn and he needs help.. I just don't know how or what to do if she dies????? Everyone of her friends hate me for mistreating him, I was really abusive toward him but he never told the true story.

Quite frankly, I fail to see how any of this is your concern?? It is apparent that they have a very toxic relationship and why would you want to get into the middle of that, esp. if you are broken up with him (a liar, a cheater, and a sex addict, according to you) and your only ties to her were tenuous anyways (i.e. she lives in another city and you only know her through your ex).

I dont really buy it that his iphone dialed his ex "unintentionally" right at the moment when he was telling you that he wants to work things out with you, but that's just me.

If I were you, I would try to console him but that should be it.

I would try to keep my distance from him and his deceiving ways.

Take a big step back from the situation and let yourself think about it as a whole. These things are very touchy and need to be handled with care. Find out where you are, revaluate it and then when you feel calm and ready approach it again.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived