OMG the only man I talked to from match.com just called and asked if I wanted to go to a drive in

winter whiteout

Do you believe it? I never met him yet and we talked twice over a month ago and he never called back until now. I mean a drive in on a first date? First thing I thought of is does he want me to meet him there then is it your car or mine? But he wanted to pick me up and bring me to the drive in which is a little over an hour away from I live. This is coming from a 54 year old man. I just don't get a good feeling about him. The thought of it gave me the creeps. It seemed he was so adament on going to the drive in. I said I don't think I feel comfortable about it and he told me to think about it and he will call me soon. I hope he does not call but if he does I will say no and even if he suggests something else I will still say no. Something just does not sit right with me about this. Do you all agree?

While I think you should follow your intuition .. I also want to add another side to this, he is 50 years old to some people that are older like that they don't take into account the "unsafe" factor of certain things that someone my age would take into account. Maybe he just isn't thinking about it and really doesn't have any bad intentions. Back when he was younger and dating, picking a girl up and going to the drive in was the perfect date (I know this because my dad talks about it all of the time and he will be 50 in a few months.) just suggest meeting him in a public place for ice cream or coffee or whatever else you both may enjoy and if he doesn't go for it then it's obvious he has ill intent but who knows something good may come of it. If you go to meet him and still get bad vibes from him, then cut the date short.

I don't know, I probably read way too many true crime books but there is just no way I would go to the drive in with someone I don't know on a first day.

He might be a killer! (I know, I know stop reading so many crime books Metro)

Funny thing is on his match profile his main header says "I can't get no satisfaction".

That's from a Rolling Stones tune.

You seem to vascilate between feeling despondent and giving up on dating, to slamming any guy who poses interest in you.

Are you sure you're ready to be dating?

That's from a Rolling Stones tune.

You seem to vascilate between feeling despondent and giving up on dating, to slamming any guy who poses interest in you.

Are you sure you're ready to be dating?

Um I think most people agree that it is not appropriate to ask someone on a FIRST date to a drive in that is actually 1.5 hours from where I live. I only talked on the phone with him a couple of times briefly over a month ago.

I also knew he was quoting from the Rolling Stones song.

Um I think most people agree that it is not appropriate to ask someone on a FIRST date to a drive in that is actually 1.5 hours from where I live. I only talked on the phone with him a couple of times briefly over a month ago.

I also knew he was quoting from the Rolling Stones song.

Im not saying it was appropriate.

But, you still either come on here to say you are giving up because no one shows you interest, or else you are complaining about the guys who do show you interest.

Like with this guy, if you like him, how about saying a drive-in would be fun down the road, but for the first meeting, how about a drink or coffee at xyz?

You just seem to want to bury a guy for being interested, or just be upset because no one is asking you out.

A guy can't win right now.

I would not go either, for safety reasons. But do you have any other reasons to be weirded out? Sometimes it does not occur to people what may seem uncomfortable for someone else. He may not realize it and may have a "doh! Of course," moment if you clue him in gently.

I would not go either, for safety reasons. But do you have any other reasons to be weirded out? Sometimes it does not occur to people what may seem uncomfortable for someone else. He may not realize it and may have a "doh! Of course," moment if you clue him in gently.

True. If he's an older man, he probably was born and raised, and dated in a time when things like this aren't a concern. Take a lovely lady on a first date to the movies. Sounds resonable and romantic. I bet a lot of couples did that back whenever he started dating.

Also, as a man, he's got a lot less to fear in this situation. I think guys take for granted how much safer the world is for them sometimes.

This is the craziest thing you'...
This is the craziest thing you'll ever see

Archived