stuck in the rut of mediocracy

justine_b
Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Pov...
Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Poverty Programming

Monday thru Friday go to work, weekends go by way to fast, then the cycle starts over again. Am I stupid to want something more? Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much, I could just coast through life blissfully ignorant, happy with what i've been given. But I always look at other people and wish we could trade lives. I think i'd be happy being anybody but me. Anybody else feel the same?

I'm kinda in the same place you are. I work Monday through Friday, 40 hours and it seems the weekends fly by with the snap of my fingers. I feel much the same as you, that there has to be something more. Are you doing something you love? or Do you wish you were working somewhere else? I try to fill my weekends with fun things so the weekdays don't seem like such a drag. If you plan things on the weekend, it gives you something to look forward to.

Sometimes I feel that way, usually when work falls into a rut and I'm not busy enough or enjoying my current tasking. I do better when I have lots of meetings, not sitting and writing reports or whatever. Then when the weekend goes by quickly, I'm feeling depressed about it. On weeks when I'm engaged and moving around a lot at work, I actually look forward to Mondays so I can get back out there. The weekends being short don't bother me then.

Archived