SURVEY on NC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the longest you have ever gone NC with an ex when YOU started NC?

What it you or them that initiated communication?

Was it you or them that called it off?

7 years.

Me (sent an invite on Linked In, he accepted, we have still not talked, nor do I intend to)

Him

When I broke up with my ex, I would've never contacted him again had he not kept trying to keep himself in my life. I told him not to contact me anymore but he kept calling me (until I changed my phone number), calling my parents & sister, and sending me letters. I wrote a letter back asking him to stop sending me letters.

He had it in his head that if he could just get me to sit down and listen to him that I would change my mind and go running back to him. So I gave him his 15 minutes or whatever it was. Of course his plan didn't work; I already knew what I did was for the best. That was a couple months after the breakup. After that, I never contacted him again. He tried to call me again exactly 1 year later. It was Christmastime so I was back in my hometown with my parents, close to where he lives. I didn't talk to him though.

So long story short, after the first couple months, we have been NC for about 5 1/2 years. Holy cow that was a long time ago.

I totally didn't get this part until right now, haha:

5 1/2 years

Him

Me

i just lasted a week, i text today, really dont know why. I think i should leave it now, i wish i was as strong as all of you. The worst thing i dont think either of us want to get back together, i know she wasnt for me, its the issue of being friends, nver thought i would have issues with that. Anyway i initated no contact and now i have broke it, but after today i think im going to really try, im not ever looking at her face book again either

i just lasted a week, i text today, really dont know why. I think i should leave it now, i wish i was as strong as all of you. The worst thing i dont think either of us want to get back together, i know she wasnt for me, its the issue of being friends, nver thought i would have issues with that. Anyway i initated no contact and now i have broke it, but after today i think im going to really try, im not ever looking at her face book again either

I wasn't strong; I just really had no desire to see him after the whole ordeal towards the end of our relationship. At the time, the thought of him repulsed me. Facebook didn't exist when this all happened with me, so I had no way of keeping tabs on him, not that I wanted to.

It is hard when the breakup isn't something you really wanted. Over time you will feel better, especially if you minimize your contact with her. You might want to un-friend her from facebook so you can't give in to the urge to check out what she is up to.

Most recent ex: 1 month, until I had to call him to initiate the divorce process. I both initiated contact and ended the relationship.

Previous: we've remained friends and never went NC, tho only talk irregularly.

Next previous: we went ~1 year NC, IIRC. I ended relationship, he and I have both initiated contact

Next previous: we've been averaging 6-12mos between contact. I ended relationship, he has been the only one to ever make contact.

The two prior to that I haven't been in touch with in >10 years.

Similar here, except for some reason I haven't given up hope, or maybe it is the fond memories I am clinging to.

9 days NC

me

he, I think

4 months

mutual

no one yet

wow , a week , 9 days .... let me just say your in the right place here ... we all understand here, never think your alone and your pain is not understood.

next week makes 4 months for me .. and i have to say , NC saved my sanity. Love hurts when only one is in love. And i know just how crazy that hurt can make a person. NC , not checking thier myspace pages , getting rid of thier texts, e-mails etc .. it's neccesary to get them off your mind all the time.

my problem that will haunt me forever is i never got proper closure , and our last words to each other , were in anger. I wish i could just have told her, after the anger wore off , " hey, i'll always love you , have a nice life " ... maybe she'd give me a sincere apology and explainations.... instead of thinking we have ill will for each other ..

then maybe those memories can be remembered fondly instead of with regret.

but because i understand i still have feelings for her, and always will , i realize i can't see or talk to her for a long time ... it'll always hurt a little, just something you learn to live with.

Archived