When Does Chasing Become, Well, Odd?!?

kodak

Just thought I'd throw this out there, since this guy called yet again, and see what people have to say about it.

I met this guy at a party 8 or 9 months ago, he's a friend of a friend of a friend... we hit it off, found it easy to talk and laugh and flirt a little. He asked for my number and I gave it to him. I'd recently come out of a relationship. So when he called a day or 2 later, we talked for a while on the phone, including talking about recent relationships, breakups, etc. So I told him I wasn't interested in dating at that time and that I did think there was a spark between us, which is why I gave him my number, but I really wasn't ready to date, and I apologized if I lead him on. He was cool with that, still tried convincing me to have dinner or something, I just kept saying no.

He'd page me and text a couple times over the next week or so, I answered and reiterated that I really still wasn't interested, and that I don't want to lead him on, so I won't answer his texts or anything, but I don't want to be rude. Again, he was cool about it - all of this discussion was very friendly and easygoing, not harsh or anything.

Well anyway, he still calls or texts every few weeks! I just ignore him, and bam, another one comes in. I'm not bothered, it's easy to ignore him, but I'm curious to what people think about this kind of persistence. I find it odd!

I find you odd.

You gave him your number, you then you said you hit it off but aren't ready to date, but and now you're bothered when he calls? Next time keep your number to yourself.

I'm not bothered that he calls. As I said in my post, and as I told him in more detail, I had just come out of a long-term relationship and was flattered by his attention at the party, happy to feel a little connection with a new guy, but the next day realized that I was really not ready to date. He understood and wasn't offended (unlike you, obviously haha!).

I'd be very put off by that. You made it clear to him on a number of occasions that you weren't interested in dating. I'd tell him to stop contacting you.

LMFAO...Women are completely AMAZING.

1st...she says they "clicked" and "hit it off," so SHE GIVES HIM THE NUMBER.

2nd...He calls her number, because she once again, GAVE IT TO HIM.

3rd...He was patient in waiting awhile since he last called.

Pretty obvious his interest is genuine. Can't fault a guy for trying and being genuine...Oh that's right, you can, because you're women...so you can get away with it.

We become annoying...well guess what? You're also annoying with your mixed signals, and confused attitudes about what exactly you want.

Stop giving your numbers out and showing other signs of interest if all you want to do is lead guys on, and have them call you when you gave them your number.

LMFAO...

Pretty obvious his interest is genuine. Can't fault a guy for trying and being genuine...Oh that's right, you can, because you're women...so you can get away with it.

We become annoying...well guess what? You're also annoying with your mixed signals, and confused attitudes about what exactly you want.

Stop giving your numbers out and showing other signs of interest if all you want to do is lead guys on, and have them call you when you gave them your number.

LMFAO...

I would think after 9 months of calling and her saying no that he would give up. There's nothing wrong with calling someone after they gave you their number, but to be THAT persistent after telling him "no". That's just desperate if you ask me.

If a girl gave me her number and then told me she wasn't ready to date that would be the end of it. This guy must like torturing himself. He dosen't seem to be real quick on the uptake for whatever reason so it's probably best to tell him you would appreciate it if he didn't call again.

LMFAO...

Oh Roberto, you're so angry! Right, I shouldn't have given him my number, but at that moment I didn't know I truly wasn't ready yet. And as soon as he called I explained everything completely, and he was ok with it.

If I was into leading him on to feed my ego, I could've behaved quite differently.

Oh Roberto, you're so angry! Right, I shouldn't have given him my number, but at that moment I didn't know I truly wasn't ready yet. And as soon as he called I explained everything completely, and he was ok with it.

If I was into leading him on to feed my ego, I could've behaved quite differently.

I agree. You are under no obligation to start dating a guy just because he asked for your number. Everyone is allowed to change their mind.

I'm not angry or bothered or annoyed, I think nothing much of his persistence. He must be just rolling the dice, figuring, hey maybe one of these times she'll go out with me......

Thanks dragon lady.

LMFAO...Nobody said I was angry, or that I ever said you were obligated to do anything.

If this were a guy that did this to you, I can hear about 88.735% of the ladies on here saying "Like, ZOMG!! What a jerk!! Why'd he even give you his number in the 1st place?!?!?"

LMFAO...Nobody said I was angry, or that I ever said you were obligated to do anything.

If this were a guy that did this to you, I can hear about 88.735% of the ladies on here saying "Like, ZOMG!! What a jerk!! Why'd he even give you his number in the 1st place?!?!?"

You're not suggesting that 88.7% of women here have double standards are you ? Das ist verboten.

YOu are probably looking at a 'Notification' here, dude. Ha ha !

Get in touch with meaning | get in ...
Get in touch with meaning | get in touch with sentences | Common English Idioms #shorts

Archived