Anusha
20 Self Confidence Quotes
20 Self Confidence Quotes

Just want to share something I read that I think can be helpfull.When you believe something that becomes truth.If you keep thinking you cant do something you wont be able to do it so to those strugling to move on just think and believe you can do it and you will be able to do it

You just keep remembering those words Carol. Focus on the positives and what a great person you are. You can get through this and you will. You'll have good and bad days. Just remember those bad days will get fewer and you will move on. Glad to hear that you're going in the right direction with your thoughts.

Another person on "The Secret" bandwagon!!!! I understand how it can work in some senses...thinking positively is obviously better then negatively...but i do not believe you can WILL things into your life simply by thinking it as the book proclaims.

Another person on "The Secret" bandwagon!!!! I understand how it can work in some senses...thinking positively is obviously better then negatively...but i do not believe you can WILL things into your life simply by thinking it as the book proclaims.

Is the same kind of thought but I didnt get it from the Secret.I just think that you have to believe you can do something,if you just keep being negative and thinking you cant do it you just wont be able to do it.

You just keep remembering those words Carol. Focus on the positives and what a great person you are. You can get through this and you will. You'll have good and bad days. Just remember those bad days will get fewer and you will move on. Glad to hear that you're going in the right direction with your thoughts.

Thank you

What if I keep believing I can fly? Will my positive and optimistic attitude allow me to live after jumping from a 30 storey building? An unjustifiably positive outlook on life only raises your expectations and makes you desire all the great things your imagination comes up with, and that's when life will have no trouble bringing you back down and grinding your happiness away. Life will put you down and trying to maintain a positive outlook all the time bottles up the inability to face the truth. Maybe culminating in your spirit breaking completely one day when you realize positivity is fake. The day when you can no longer wear a smiling mask.

Accept the harshness and coldness of the world.

What if I keep believing I can fly? Will my positive and optimistic attitude allow me to live after jumping from a 30 storey building? An unjustifiably positive outlook on life only raises your expectations and makes you desire all the great things your imagination comes up with, and that's when life will have no trouble bringing you back down and grinding your happiness away. Life will put you down and trying to maintain a positive outlook all the time bottles up the inability to face the truth. Maybe culminating in your spirit breaking completely one day when you realize positivity is fake. The day when you can no longer wear a smiling mask.

Accept the harshness and coldness of the world.

Brutal. Optimism can be a very empowering tool in the harshness and coldness of the world but it's not a magic cure all. It must be tempered with reality and not taken to an extreme. Optimism without realism is foolishness. When used in it's proper regard, optimism is a gift. Oh, and jumping off a buliding and believing you can fly is not optimism. That's insanity. Huge difference.

Brutal. Optimism can be a very empowering tool in the harshness and coldness of the world but it's not a magic cure all. It must be tempered with reality and not taken to an extreme. Optimism without realism is foolishness. When used in it's proper regard, optimism is a gift. Oh, and jumping off a buliding and believing you can fly is not optimism. That's insanity. Huge difference.

Optimism itself is self deception, which was my point. It's to convince yourself the world is a better place than it really is and your future will be great even though you don't even know what surprises lie in store. I assume people aren't completely stupid and constantly lying to yourself and only to have your (knowingly) unfounded beliefs destroyed again and again will eventually break your positive spirit. The truth about how lives turn out hurts. The sooner you accept it the better.

Optimism itself is self deception, which was my point. It's to convince yourself the world is a better place than it really is and your future will be great even though you don't even know what surprises lie in store. I assume people aren't completely stupid and constantly lying to yourself and only to have your (knowingly) unfounded beliefs destroyed again and again will eventually break your positive spirit. The truth about how lives turn out hurts. The sooner you accept it the better.

Why you are so bitter about life? What you achieved being like that? I bet nothing but more bad experiences and hurt.

Thinking life is all good or all bad is deception. Life is both good and bad. Optimism is a tool to seek out the good. To allow only one side of existence into your life to the exclusion of the other is both short sighted and self destructive. A healthy life needs to have both in balance. To strive for a good life is what makes living worthwhile and what optimism is for.

Thinking life is all good or all bad is deception. Life is both good and bad. Optimism is a tool to seek out the good. To allow only one side of existence into your life to the exclusion of the other is both short sighted and self destructive. A healthy life needs to have both in balance. To strive for a good life is what makes living worthwhile and what optimism is for.

I'm not excluding one side. I'm not saying good things don't happen. But the problems outweigh the relatively few good things we get in life. There's more bad than good and optimism deludes you into thinking it's completely the other way round. Eventually you'll have to admit to yourself that it isn't the case.

I'm not excluding one side. I'm not saying good things don't happen. But the problems outweigh the relatively few good things we get in life. There's more bad than good and optimism deludes you into thinking it's completely the other way round. Eventually you'll have to admit to yourself that it isn't the case.

Optimism is not delusion. It's the ability to recognize the advantageous. It's not to delude oneself into believing something is better than what it is. Pessimism is the ability to recognize things that are unfavorable. Realism is the ability to recognize both sides for what they are and keep them both in their proper perspective.

Optimism is not delusion. It's the ability to recognize the advantageous. It's not to delude oneself into believing something is better than what it is. Pessimism is the ability to recognize things that are unfavorable. Realism is the ability to recognize both sides for what they are and keep them both in their proper perspective.

No. The capability to recognize whether something is advantageous or favorable for you is an extension from basic reasoning. Optimism is trying to see the good in situations, even when it's blatantly bad - like the phrase "every cloud has a silver lining". Hence, optimism is self-delusion.

No. The capability to recognize whether something is advantageous or favorable for you is an extension from basic reasoning. Optimism is trying to see the good in situations, even when it's blatantly bad - like the phrase "every cloud has a silver lining". Hence, optimism is self-delusion.

Optimism is not trying to see the good in situations. It's the ability to discover whether any good exists within a given situation. Sometimes it doesn't. Not being able to come to terms with the times when it doesn't is called denial and bears no relation to optimism.

Optimism is not trying to see the good in situations. It's the ability to discover whether any good exists within a given situation. Sometimes it doesn't. Not being able to come to terms with the times when it doesn't is called denial and bears no relation to optimism.

As I already said, that's basic reasoning. It has nothing to do with your subjective perspective on life, which is what optimism (and pessimism) is. An optimist tries to see the positive in things, even though it may be bad. It's not 100% true because there are situations where it can be hard to see anything positive, but such instances are rare relative to the situations we face everyday.

As I already said, that's basic reasoning. It has nothing to do with your subjective perspective on life, which is what optimism (and pessimism) is. An optimist tries to see the positive in things, even though it may be bad. It's not 100% true because there are situations where it can be hard to see anything positive, but such instances are rare relative to the situations we face everyday.

Now we're talking about the same thing just calling it different names. That's all well and good but jumping off a building because you think you can fly is neither optimism nor basic reasoning. Seeing the world as only a cold, cruel place (which it sometimes can be, but not always) where optimism doesn't exist is not basic reasoning, imo. It's sounds kinda bitter, tbh. Life is full of both good and bad. When you can accept both, you have reality.

Archived