I'm so confused...does she like me or not?

Blackhawk2009

Hey guys

So I recently have been talking to this girl I met a few weeks ago, grabbed dinner on campus with her a few times and such. We flirted with each other one night for a good solid hour, had her laughing the whole time. That night she seemed very interested in me. Well i asked her out on a real date and we went to ice cream a couple of days ago.

As we were walking towards my car she was walking pretty close to me and sometimes would hit me playfully or something like that. When we got to the ice cream place she continued to touch me a couple of times. We sat in my car for an hour or so just talking and eating ice cream and there was a good amount of physical touching going on, no hand holding or anything.

So we got back to campus, i grabbed dinner with her and her friends and that was it for the night. Well 2 days ago we met up again for lunch, after texting her asking if she wanted to grab food. After we were done eating she said she had a headache and felt like relaxing in her room to watch tv, she invited me to come with her.

We got to her dorm room and I sat down and she sat on the other couch in the room (not on the same 1 as me). Eventually i found a reason to come over to the other side and i started flirting with her off and on, physical touching, a brief hand holding moment. Towards the end of my time there I started to play with her hair, or gently stroke it w/e. After a bit of that i was rubbing her arm and stuff...this lasted for 5 mins or so..not sure really.

After that she said she had to use the bathroom, came back a few mins later and sat on the other couch, away from me again.

Now this sent me a mixed signal because now im wondering if she doesn't really like me, or just wants to be friends or something. I mean she doesn't really talk to me that much unless i text or something along those lines, my friend told me that i shouldn't text her for a couple of days and see what happens. I mean if I ask to hang out she will hang out but i just hope its not out of her being nice or something. She is one of those "nice" girls, doesn't drink or swear or anything, her friend even told her in front of me that shes too nice when they were describing a situation of her going to a guys football game that she doesn't even like.

so judging off what i posted...what do you guys think? I know this is a lot but it would really help out.

thank you

I dont understand your concern. All was going good until the one day she told you she had a headache. Usually when someone has a headache they are not into touching and playing around on the couch. Your friend was right go a week without texting/emailing/calling her and see if she initiates contact. If she doesnt its almost for sure that either she doesnt like you or is undecided about you in which case you should just move on to someone else.

i must say black, i'm proud of your progress in the dating realm. i think you have a good grasp of it now. a little more confidence and i think you are 'pro'. lol

but on this, i think she went to the other piece of furniture for a few possibilities:

-she isn't as into it as she thought

-she wanted to quell the storm that was going to happen or might happen (sex)

-she realized she wants to go slower and didn't want to lead you on (obviously cause you are asking and she picked up on it)

-she went to the bathroom and realized she is spotting and starting her period

so many possibilities.

I think she backed off a little bit because things might have moved too fast for her tastes as far as touching goes and the sort. I'd back off for a while, maybe a few days to a week and then see how things are then. Setting boundaries too might help a little, to prevent either of you from feeling uncomfortable.

thanks for all the input guys/girls...what you all said does make a lot of sense, especially with the whole "moving too fast" thing. She is very reserved in that sense so maybe its that...just will have to wait and see. Thankfully when I leave for work in about 20 mins I will be in a much better mindset..

comes down to my over analyzing problem haha...and in the end..there is still plenty of fish in the sea

thanks for all the input guys/girls...what you all said does make a lot of sense, especially with the whole "moving too fast" thing. She is very reserved in that sense so maybe its that...just will have to wait and see. Thankfully when I leave for work in about 20 mins I will be in a much better mindset..

comes down to my over analyzing problem haha...and in the end..there is still plenty of fish in the sea

i hate you now cause you are leaving so early. i have time to go. bummer

I don't know why she would invite you to her room and then be stand offish. She probably wasn't thinking about it too much (strange, but stranger things have happened) and realized once you were there that she didn't want it too go too far. Just go for the kiss next time and see what happens.

so i asked her today if she wanted to come over for a movie and popcorn and she said maybe cause she is working till 6 and then is gonna visit her cousin or w/e..well she replied with "not really...it will be late and im tired"..

im sorry that just sounds like BS, what is her problem?

so i asked her today if she wanted to come over for a movie and popcorn and she said maybe cause she is working till 6 and then is gonna visit her cousin or w/e..well she replied with "not really...it will be late and im tired"..

im sorry that just sounds like BS, what is her problem?

Who knows. Don't try to figure out how a woman thinks. That's something us men will never understand. If she's working all day and then visting with her cousin sounds pretty reasonable that she would be tired. Try asking her out once or twice more and if she gives an excuse then there you have it. Just move on at that point.

Who knows. Don't try to figure out how a woman thinks. That's something us men will never understand. If she's working all day and then visting with her cousin sounds pretty reasonable that she would be tired. Try asking her out once or twice more and if she gives an excuse then there you have it. Just move on at that point.

sounds like a good idea..tomorrow is my schools "reading day" which means we have no classes so I think im gonna call her (rather than text)

Archived