What do I do about her.

TheDarkOne

Hello,

I met this girl a few months ago and we've been seeing each other almost every week because we have mutual friends. For some reason I am absolutely crazy about this girl. I thought I got over her but when I saw her a few days ago the feelings came back and I just cant stop thinking about her.

The thing is, I'm not that sure the feelings are shared on her side. For one, I always initiate the conversations. And I asked her for coffee twice, and both times there was always an excuse and we didn't end up going out. But other than that we're always cool. Either she's giving mixed signals or I'm reading her signals wrong.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of losing sleep over this girl. I'm thinking about just confessing my feelings to her and just take the rejection like a man. It might be awkward later on when we meet but I don't really care.

Should I confess or am I not thinking very rationally?

I think what'll answer your question is if you ask her to hangout again. If she gives you another excuse, she's clearly not interested because someone who was interested wouldn't turn down 3 dates from a person they like. That's just my opinion. It'll also make things a little less awkward than if you told her straight up.

Don't listen to Drew.

You've asked her out twice for something casual like a coffee and believe me, she knows you're interested in her. You don't need to say anything. If you keep trying to date her she's going to think you're a socially inept creep who can't get the hint from her two excuses or if you simply hang out with her she'll use you for attention/money. Stop contacting her.

Besides why are you crazy about some girl? She's just another girl, like any other.

IMHO, I think you should confess. Get it out of you straight away without the "what if's" and "what not to do". I warn you, I'm a rational guy.

If you're rational then you should be able to see telling someone you like them has no advantages.

I am a girl, and if some guy I had feelings for asked me out to coffee there would be NO excuse not to go out with him.

Now, if there was a valid excuse, I would respond as I can't go BUT how about next week...etc.

I am sorry to say while she has a great time hanging out with you and your mutual friends, in my opinion, she is just not that into you in respect of seeing you one on one.

However, give it the good ol' college try and ask her out for coffee one more time. If there is some excuse again...you know then it's time to move on.

If you're rational then you should be able to see telling someone you like them has no advantages.

It has it's advantages. You don't have to go crazy over thinking the 'what if's', you can move along so much quicker than if you pro-longed it, and you can act naturally in front of this girl because you moved on instead of stuttering because you don't want to mess things up. If anything long-term/serious, this girl wants to judge you for who you are, not who you are pretending to be, and you are only going to pretend because you want this girl.

How long do you intend to wait until you confess to her that you liked her right from the start?

It has it's advantages. You don't have to go crazy over thinking the 'what if's', you can move along so much quicker than if you pro-longed it, and you can act naturally in front of this girl because you moved on instead of stuttering because you don't want to mess things up. If anything long-term/serious, this girl wants to judge you for who you are, not who you are pretending to be, and you are only going to pretend because you want this girl.

How long do you intend to wait until you confess to her that you liked her right from the start?

If she likes you then you don't have to say anything. Provided you act then things should progress naturally without the need to come out and say it. If she doesn't like you telling her you like her isn't going to change her feelings. Once you get into an exclusive relationship of course you should say you care about her etc. but even then you don't need to tell her when you started liking her.

Archived