attracted to a taken guy...

HelloLadyBug

so there is this guy in my gym class who i have known since like 3rd grade..

and seems to be flirting with me..calling my names in a joking manner..and just being jerk (in a cute jokin manner) and saying the whole " thats not what u said last nite" and.."thats the way ur goin to be after i paid u extra last nite" (obsvouisly we didnt really do anything..) i am attracted to him and im kinda starting to like him..the only problems are...1) he has a gf...2) my bestfriend liked him at the beginning of the school year..so yea..

what should i do??

yea i know about the golden rule..

dose this mean i should put a stop to

the flirting??( i dont want to do that tho..lol)

Well, you know where flirting can lead to, right? If you know that's wrong, then why do it?

Would you flirt that way in front of his girlfriend? If not, then you have your answer.

Try to reverse the roles: Imagine your boyfriend flirting with another girl at the gym, knowing that he's possibly heading for more? Would you be happy with that (assuming you have/had a boyfriend)?

I would stay away from him. If you continue to flirt with him - one thing will lead to another. This is a sticky situation on both aspects - he has a gf, and your best friend liked him in the past. No matter how tempting it may be for you, the outcomes will not look good if you continue on this road. Save yourself the hassle, and find someone else.

i wouldnt flirt i would act "normal"

So, you would act "normal" in front of her, but the minute her back is turned you would go right back to flirting with him? And he with you? Nice. I can't help feeling bad for her. It sucks.

Another golden rule: A little self-respect goes a long way too.

and he starts the flirting

All the more reason to stay away from him.

Like I said before, even if HE has no respect for his relationship, or his girlfriend, you should be the bigger person and have respect for other peoples relationships. Even more, it comes down to SELF-respect (imo).

That said, it seems you don't really think it's a big deal and have admitted you want to carry on with the flirting, so I'm not too sure why you are asking for advice when you know what you want to do, and intend doing anyway.

I don't see why she shouldn't go for it... If she manages to get together with him then obviously him and her current gf wouldn't last anyway.

no, you're right. that's not the issue. the issue is that it's reflective of his character - or lack therof if he does try to catch 2 fish at a time.

no, you're right. that's not the issue. the issue is that it's reflective of his character - or lack therof if he does try to catch 2 fish at a time.

But he's not really trying to catch another fish.. People in relationships fall for other people all the time, it's not like they're seeking someone else but it's how they deal with it that matters. Obviously if he's gonna cheat on his current gf with her then he's a jerk and she should just avoid him but if he's gonna break up with her before they do anything then I really don't see any harm in her pursuing him.

Also, think about it this way. Would you really want to hook up with a guy that flirts with other girls while he has a gf?

He might not realize he's flirting.. I get told I flirt with people ALL the time even though I don't deliberately do it. He could just be a bit on the playful side.

Archived