What do I do? Assignment problem.

I just noticed today that two assignment I turned in over the internet weren't readable. I've e-mailed the professor and her assistant with the assignments, hoping they'll accept them and give me some credit for my work. Can anyone tell me how stuff like this is usually handled?

It was an honest mistake so just resubmit in readable format and you should have no worries. They have to give you full credit for your work unless you have an ongoing habit of doing such things. If this is just one of those things that happened once I would assume they would let it go and just not deduct any grades for this.

If you have a good record and/or if you do immediately, you won't have a problem. These things happen, and I don't penalise my students for it provided they send another copy as soon as someone (either they or myself) have identified the problem. If they identify the problem, but then take another couple of days or more to send me the proper version, then I become suspicious and am inclined to believe that they're just trying to flout the deadline. So as one of the pinkelephant says, fix it asap, and immediately after identification.

My teacher has us submit stuff online. He always wants it in .rtf format. Which is "Rich Text Format." People can open and read it anywhere even without a word processor. When you save you paper, there's a drop down box called "File Format." Just select RFT and it shoud be good to go. Good Luck!

Archived