apart for the summer

stoic

I've been friends with this girl since january, dating since the beginning of March. Initially, I had offered her a "break" for the summer, and when we got back to school, if she was still interested, we could date again. She accepted at first, but later on said she didn't want to do that, that she wanted to continue dating and that she cared about me. I had made the offer for her sake, so hearing that made me happy. We're both currently still just in the "dating" phase, not a relationship, but its getting more serious gradually. We're both happy with where we're going. Both of us are somewhat low-maintenance, during the week we see each other 2 days in class, and a regular weekly date. There are days where we don't text/call each other, we just text when we want to. But now that we're about to leave soon to our hometowns for the summer from college, are there any general tips for us to keep in touch and to keep the bond going until we meet up again? Also, where I live is just 3-4 hour drive from her place, but I have never driven more than 2 hours in a row. Any general tips or advice would be appreciated.

I think communication is important in this situation. Both of you need to be clear on exactly what is expected during the time apart. She may think that you two will be dating other people during this time while you think that this is more of an exclusive thing. So just talk to her to prevent any misunderstandings.

Archived