Electric shocks and fainting in the Bath should i be concerned?

There is so much wrong with me, my eye sight is getting worse (i already wear glasses) i fainted in the Bath and now i have to get out quikly if i feel like i'm about to faint and then i'll lie on the floor for about an hour to recover. i'm finding it hard to sleep and at the most i get 4 hours a night as i keep waking up. i feel dizzy often bash into things at school, my food tastes horrible, i have an on going headache and i feel clammy and this morning during class i felt like i was being continually shocked in my foot head and my stomach, it was sharp painful and continuous. i'm 14 and this has been going on for a while, but the shocks only today.

i think i have low blood sugar or low energy levels or something, i'm recovering from bulimia and haven't purged for a while. i'm getting a doctors apointment when i can but that can take weeks. please help should i be really worried about these symptoms and how urgent is it to see a doctor?

Those symptoms don't sound good. Please see a doctor immediately, even if you have to wait for 8 hours in ER.

Have you previously seen a doctor regarding these issues?

no i haven't i think the last time i saw a doctor was about three years ago. it can often take weeks to get an apointment and i can't relie on my parents to book one as everytime i have asked they have forgotten.

appointments are for non-threatening issues.

what you describe isnt non-threatening like a bump on your skin or a little cough here and there.

its serious, you should make it a point to go see a doctor today. as in hospital. now.

where do you live?

England, just takes long to get an apointment because i have been trying to see a school doctor so i won't have to walk but my name was put down on a list a couple of months ago now and no one has replied although they said they would try and see me as soon as they could.

Okay, first call the clinic. Let them know that it is urgent and ask how soon they can see you. If it's not in the next few days, then ask for a reference to another clinic that can see you sooner. If that doesn't pan out, go to a drop-in clinic.

If you feel like you are going to faint in the bath seems like your body is temp is being raised too high.. Try taking a cooler bath and see if you still have the faint feelings. I am anemic and I get the same way if I take a shower or bath that is too hot or even if I get overheated while doing normal things (such as walking, being outside, etc) also try keeping a bottle of water next to you at all times.

yes a couple of my family are diabetic and when i was little my parents got me checked out because they thought i was diabetic that was when i was very little. my grans diabetic and she keeps fainting.

if it is diabetes its possible that you could die.

your vision troubles outside of showering make me think this.

this may sound bizarre but have you recently come off an anti-depressant at all?

i know docs prescribe anti-depressants to help with eating disorders.

FIRST AND FOREMOST- GO AND SEE A MEDICAL EXPERT A.S.A.P-THATS THE BEST ADVICE ANYONE CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

so you dont feel alone goto this link: link removed

if i was you and had trouble getting an appointment i would take a faint in school, and tell matron

your symptoms and you would feel better if you went to hospital, that way you will get in the back door, so to speak!

nah haven't been on any meds

ok then get your ass to a+e!!!!!!!!

In milton keynes, (bucks) where i live, we have a

set up here courtesy of the NHS called MKDOC, its a 24 hr walk in for situations like these. talk to your parent/s close relative and haul some ass down the hospital, dont take any chances poncing around on here, we cant cure you, the docs can. do you have anything where you are?

otherwise the other poster on here who said, you could die, could be right!

we would prefer you alive on here talking about how you got better, and other issues!!!!

HEY YOU STILL HERE?????

hey read this!

i will pm it to you, this is for others aswell!

link removed

Yes exactly, this was the first thing I thought of when reading the symptoms as well. The OP should certainly get a blood test for this. It's also important, to treat the eating disorder, since while that is ongoing, it's going to be very hard to accurately diagnose anything else that might be causing these symptoms.

Yes exactly, this was the first thing I thought of when reading the symptoms as well. The OP should certainly get a blood test for this. It's also important, to treat the eating disorder, since while that is ongoing, it's going to be very hard to accurately diagnose anything else that might be causing these symptoms.

i went to the doctors yesterday after voicing concerns to my mum, the doctor said that she thought that me being unhappy could cause all these symptoms i have my blood tests next thursday so we'll see but i think i can rule out diabetes but there is still a possibility of that and being anemic.

Archived