People Have Yet To Stfu About My Ex... (RANT)

vertigoxo
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

It's like people can't comprehend that-HELLO!-We're broken up. We are each others "EXES", not boyfriend/girlfriend, hell, we're not even friends. But yet, as his former girlfriend, I have to know how his days went. I have to know how he has been doing, who he's having sex with, or what he's doing...

HI, I'M HIS EX GIRLFRIEND, PLEASE STOP BRINGING HIM UP INTO OUR CONVERSATIONS THAT DON'T REVOLVE AROUND THAT OGRE. ](*,)

Here's the latest news, ladies and gentlemen!

"Oh J, C has his penis pierced." - Our dear mutual friend, today at 11:45 AM.

.... Yes. I am shocked too. Not about his wang getting pierced, but that my friend had to share that repulsive information to me, HIS FRIGGIN EX GIRLFRIEND!

It almost sounded like somebody sent her to tell me that information. Hmmm... wonder who could that be? Can anyone probably take a shot at this?!?

UGH. So mad. The worst part? I still have like, 6 weeks of school left. 6 weeks of people bringing up the bastard over and over and over again.

Somebody, shoot me. Why are these people doing this to me!?! ](*,)

Yep I get that all the time

'Your ex wrote a song about how much he hates you'

'I saw your ex kissing so and so?'

'So how is your ex, I saw him int he pub'

Its like are you my friend or WHAT>?

Um, eww, your ex is an idiot. But it's so frustrating because it's like, I don't even bring him up most of the time, but yet people are like, "HEY YEAH WE SHOULD MENTION HOW HE DID THIS AND THAT JUST TO SEE IF SHE STILL CARES!"

NEWS FLASH! I DON'T CARE! I'M HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. E-X-G-I-R-L-F-R-I-E-N-D. WHAT DOES THAT SPELL? EX GIRLFRIEND!!!!

Ugh. I'm sorry. I just need to get my anger out.

Umm why don't you say: "I don't give a ****, so stop telling me this ****."

Do you even say anything after they say something? Or do you just go on merrily about your day?

I do! They just won't listen to me! Welcome to High School, babe.

I know you dont want to say 'DONT TALK ABOUT IT' Cos then you look like you care and it bothers you (which it does)

I just smile politely.

I know what you mean. People kept bringing him up at first, and I would just change the subject quickly or just say, "Oh." But now, after 5 weeks, enough is enough, you know?

I know you dont want to say 'DONT TALK ABOUT IT' Cos then you look like you care and it bothers you (which it does)

I just smile politely.

Well then you miss can't complain at all. You say nothing so nothing will change.

I don't get why you have to act so strong!?

He's your ex- who WOULD wanna know about who your ex is screwing!? Why do you have to fake to your friends that yeah, you're bothered by knowing so damn much about your ex?

And by laughing that will actually encourage MORE disclosure of what he's up to.

Some people have no tact whatsoever, no respect for the tenderness of the situation. My own best friend - who probably only spoke to my ex twice while we were together, whom I told to NOT update me on my ex's life, still has her friended on Facebook and STILL updates me. Another mutual friend has brought her up a couple of times, telling me she's doing well. Makes me feel like selling everything, giving up all of my friends and living as a hermit in the mountains.

Problem is, by some sick joke, SOMEONE would figure out how to send a homing pigeon to me with a note saying how my ex is doing.

Some people have no tact whatsoever, no respect for the tenderness of the situation. My own best friend - who probably only spoke to my ex twice while we were together, whom I told to NOT update me on my ex's life, still has her friended on Facebook and STILL updates me. Another mutual friend has brought her up a couple of times, telling me she's doing well. Makes me feel like selling everything, giving up all of my friends and living as a hermit in the mountains.

Problem is, by some sick joke, SOMEONE would figure out how to send a homing pigeon to me with a note saying how my ex is doing.

Lol Seymore, maybe you should step it up and tells these "friends" to update your ex how you slept with a gorgeous supermodel with size DD breast cups. That will shut them up.

Tempting, but it wouldn't work. My ex knows I'm not the type to do outrageous things to "get back" - I'm not the vengeful type, as often as it crosses my mind. It would sound completely phony. And I wouldn't want it to become a competition. The idea gave me a laugh, though

Seymore- Why do you think my friends are doing this to me though? Is it because they are also friends with my ex as well? I know this will sound paranoid or whatever, but I feel like my ex is telling them to keep me updated, like some kind of sick way to punish me or something... I don't know.

What do you think?

I felt that way, too. I could trust what my best friend said because like I said, he spoke to her like twice when we were together, but he's been my best friend since 2nd grade - he doesn't even communicate with my ex, he just happens to see her updates because he never deletes people from Facebook. The other lady that's a mutual friend I don't always trust, because her and my ex knew each other long before I met either of them. For all I know my ex was telling her stuff knowing it'd get back to me.

I think your friends are doing it because their lives are so boring that they NEED some sort of drama to fuel their own lives. I say to tell your friends, VERY bluntly, that you don't want updates and don't want to hear about it. Open it up by reminding them that they are your friends and you know they don't want to see you hurt, and their actions ARE hurting you.

I'm pretty fortunate that my friends are either so devoid of caring or too afraid to provoke a reaction from me by mentioning my ex!

I was gonna suggest you give these friends that slapping I suggested before but I think Seymour's suggestion is probably much better. But have that backhand ready.

Archived