Am I abnormal?

HyruleGuardian

I notice how so many people around me (college age) NEED to be doing something at all times or they get bored. They can't just sit around and relax. They always have to be out of the house doing whatever. Then here I am, a 20 year old guy who actually enjoys being home as opposed to going out. I'd almost rather lay in my bed by myself on a Friday night than go out drinking or to a party. Granted, I do enjoy doing these things at times, but I don't NEED to do them to feel fulfilled.

Is this strange?

I'm similar. What most people consider "boredom" I consider "relaxation".

When my husband and I go on a trip- I am usually the one just enjoying sleeping in, hanging out in the hotel, not having any real pressing plans and just seeing where the day goes. I hate feeling rushed.

NEED to be doing something at all times or they get bored. They can't just sit around and relax.

^That's my husband. lol

I love sitting around like a bump on a log sometimes with no agenda- but it's a rare that I get the chance to.

I am the same way...I am not the kind of person who likes to go to partys every single weekend. To be able hang out at home and watch movies or whatever it might be. Even to buy some drinks and enjoy them at home is always nice. Though I do go out and hang out with some friends but, it's not all the time though. But, during the day I rather be doing something to keep myself busy cause I rather keep mind off of somethings.

But, is a person choice of how they want to do things. If your happy on how you go about things that be okay with it. There's nothing wrong with avoiding the whole party scene as long as your still wanting to hang out with friends at other times though.

Action is the enemy of thought. They are afraid of "thinking" lest they discover their life is meaningless and droll. If one keeps busy all the time then one doesn't have to face those awful existential questions - why am I here, what is the meaning of all this? Stuff like that.

The ability to do nothing more than merely "be" is vastly underrated.

I completely agree. Some people just don't enjoy "thinking" in a sense. They need something to fill the void.

I can sit there all night by myself and be content. Picking my brain or looking through a good book are my forms of entertainment.

I'm similar. What most people consider "boredom" I consider "relaxation".

When my husband and I go on a trip- I am usually the one just enjoying sleeping in, hanging out in the hotel, not having any real pressing plans and just seeing where the day goes. I hate feeling rushed.

^That's my husband. lol

I love sitting around like a bump on a log sometimes with no agenda- but it's a rare that I get the chance to.

Sounds like my girlfriend and I. She constantly gets "bored", and it annoys me to no end. It's one of the reasons why I think I'm not even fit to be in a relationship with her.

Sounds like my girlfriend and I. She constantly gets "bored", and it annoys me to no end. It's one of the reasons why I think I'm not even fit to be in a relationship with her

The 2 of you may be able to balance one another out if you both compromise here and there.

Sometimes I do what my husband wants on a trip- (wake up early, rush through breakfast and get out and see as many things as possible) if he promises the next day he will not wake me up early and will be more relaxed.

When we were dating he used to call me early in the morning on weekends to wake me up- it used to drive me MAD. lol

I notice how so many people around me (college age) NEED to be doing something at all times or they get bored. They can't just sit around and relax. They always have to be out of the house doing whatever. Then here I am, a 20 year old guy who actually enjoys being home as opposed to going out. I'd almost rather lay in my bed by myself on a Friday night than go out drinking or to a party. Granted, I do enjoy doing these things at times, but I don't NEED to do them to feel fulfilled.

Is this strange?

Wow... I'm so happy I'm not the only one who feels this way ; )

strange? ... no.

Were you at one time a social person?

Are you still taking care of your everyday life? .. shower, work, school, chores...

If staying home on a friday night is what makes you happy, do it. Is it because you don't want to party? .. if that's the case, you could always join a sports team or even a bowling league..

Archived