Is it possible at my age to find a boyfriend with no children?

CoCo2009
12 Reasons You Can Find Love
12 Reasons You Can Find Love

They are out there- but I would imagine that it might be difficult to find one you like, by chance. You might have to try online dating so that you can specify in your profile that you don't want a relationship with someone who already has children- that way you get a pool of prospective dates who meet that standard from the get go.

I understand where you are coming from. I'm in my mid-twenties and I live in Utah so it seems like all the guys my age here have kids already. But I don't think you are too old. If you don't have kids and want somebody who doesn't, I think you deserve a clean start with somebody. I'm sure there are guys out there thinking the same thing as you, so don't worry so much, the right guy will come along with no baggage attached....

But also, I think that there are some great guys out there who do have kids so don't push the right one away if he has a kid.

They are out there- but I would imagine that it might be difficult to find one you like, by chance. You might have to try online dating so that you can specify in your profile that you don't want a relationship with someone who already has children- that way you get a pool of prospective dates who meet that standard from the get go.

I don't want to date men online. Is this the only way?

Really? Maybe I'm just freaking out over nothing. Again there is nothing against them but it seems like all the guy have children already with baby mama's. I'm not interested in that one bit.

This is a generalization and I'm sure there are several exceptions , but I would imagine that men who are very education and career oriented might decide to hold off on kids and have been extra careful about using protection. (less likely to have a "baby momma" and unplanned pregnancy)

Of course some of them might still have gotten married and had kids that were planned, then divorced.

I don't blame you. Then the next best thing is probably to ask your trusted friends if they know of any good guys who are not dads yet and see if you can meet them.

Wow I'm screwed, I don't have any friends...LOL Maybe its just not meant for me to be in a relationship.....who knows?

they're probably waiting for you to approach them.

regarding your question - i don't know where you live or what the family dynamics are like there. But i'm the same age as you and I feel SO young to have a child. Very, very few men or women my age (or even 5 years older) are parents yet.

Well I guess we will be waiting forever because I'm not approaching them hahaha. I'm too shy to approach any guy at all.... Maybe one day that will change but for now I'm just not ready. Anyways Yeah I feel so young to have children, I don't even know if I want children at this point...I'm sure one day I might but things have been so uncertain lately I feel like I'm losing my hope in everything. I'm just trying to stay positive.

Reguardless...you're still pretty young. So I think there's still a good chance to find a young guy who doesn't have any children. Just remember, if you are online dating....click on "all" races to get the pool bigger.

I'm 33 y/o and have no kids and I'm (half) black, but lots of black girls look at me more than other races and all my relationships have been with black women. In fact I'm in a relationship right now with a black woman who is 35 y/o. Lots of other guys on here don't have kids this age either. I'm sure as part of that statistic, like myself, black men would also be included.

Even so, the next challenge is finding the right black man. How about looking in the church? I'd also recommend online venues since most people do it and it's relatively safe if you meet someone at a coffee shop or public place to feel more comfortable about it.

Hello Coco,

I understand where you're coming from, though I live in London and I'm older than you.

There are black men out there without children, I used to think nearly every man I met had kids and a babymother.

It was when I was certain about what I was looking for, believed it and was confidant about it.

I found without trying to I was attracting more of the men who didn't have children. I'm in my 30's, these men were in their late 30's, early 40's. So even older than the age group that you're probably targetting.

So no, it's not too late for you. They are out there.

So try and make some friends, then try and get out there and meet some different people. It's hard but can be done.

Archived